• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal fall desert trip

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all.

Sorry no contact lately...finally got the internet at the new house. Unfortunately I won't be making it this weekend. :cry:

thanks to all for offering to pick me up.

The deuce, trailer and mule are all here safe and sound. I'm unloading the deuce Saturday...forklift is being delivered Friday...so I'll at least be handling green stuff.

Eat some chili cheese fries for me and down a few brews also.

Be sure to post plenty of pics.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I might not be able to make it out until early Saturday morning (by 0800). The wife is only approvinig a 1 night pass (due to new baby) and I would rather not have to drive home Saturday night. Also, does anybody have any interest in 4 12.5 R20 Michelin XL's with 95% tread left? I am not going to use them, I have $200 invested in them and can bring them with me. I'll keep trying to get the OK to leave tomorrow afternoon but dont want to push my luck, I've already spent too much time working on the truck since the baby has come and shes not happy.

100dollarman

Djfreema said:
I might not be able to make it out until early Saturday morning (by 0800). The wife is only approvinig a 1 night pass (due to new baby) and I would rather not have to drive home Saturday night. Also, does anybody have any interest in 4 12.5 R20 Michelin XL's with 95% tread left? I am not going to use them, I have $200 invested in them and can bring them with me. I'll keep trying to get the OK to leave tomorrow afternoon but dont want to push my luck, I've already spent too much time working on the truck since the baby has come and shes not happy.
Devin- If thats $200 for 4 tires I'll take them!

Thanks!

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Devin, don't push her! Post baby moms go off easy! Just messin' with ya. Do what is needed to keep things good between the both of you, worry about playing later. Hole, alerady called you, but should post up so othere know what's goin' on. I'll get Jake out of school around 10 and be at Hole's place around 1045 ish. We should be at the 15/138 aruond 1145/1215 ish to hook up with Floyd...unless he goes 58 with Yellowbronc, called Floyd, but as of now, no reply. Tyler won't be back in town until 1100 or so, I talked with him and he is OK driving out solo...don't like it, but we need to get there by dark. If there's an issue, Dave Mendoza will be there sans MV...long GL story..we will be able to get to him faster in a civi truck. Tony Pettis will be there at sometime, Maybe Dave Walker from Walker Truck and Auto. Hundy...don't have your #, Gimmie a call so we can coordinate things. 626-840-1751. I thought I had all my junk ready, but, guess not. Been putting junk in the truck since 1600. I think i'm ready, just food and bevs left....oh, Jake too :wink: Remember, trash cans and wood. Supposed to be in the low 40's at night. Anyone got Nathan's #?

100dollarman

I hope to be leaving around 4pm-4:30 to get to camp around 5pm. HOPE is the key word here!LOL

If anybody needs anything--- my cell 760 964 5123

We'll have the 5th wheel and at least the BOB Deuce and a reg Deuce.

Here is the schedule for the weekend-

Wheel, shoot, bbq, drink, sleep, repeat.

LOL! See you guys manana!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hundy, I will bring the tires. My day off tomorrow got revoked, gotta work anyway now and the wife is happy with my decision to head out at 6 am Saturday. See you guys bright and early Saturday morning (8 oclock ish), if anybody needs anything Will has my number.

100dollarman

Djfreema said:
Hundy, I will bring the tires. My day off tomorrow got revoked, gotta work anyway now and the wife is happy with my decision to head out at 6 am Saturday. See you guys bright and early Saturday morning (8 oclock ish), if anybody needs anything Will has my number.
Thanks! see ya out there!

hole

Well, the day is upon us and I for one am ready! ( Figuritively not litterally, still gotta throw my junk in the truck) Its been a long & busy summer for me so time off to hang with freinds is long overdo! One of these days I hope to con my best friend ( my wife) into coming with me. I'm thinking right after I put A/C, a REALLY quiet muffler on and somehow get the smell of MV out of it she'll come :wink: Mike, we will miss you and toss back a few coldies in your honor! ( note to self, load ice chest)

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Floyd, Got with Nathan last night. He's gonna do 58. I believe that he will get an award for farthest traveled! He's up by Pismo! See you guys out there...Drive smart and safe!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I made it home safe and sound.We had a great time, I had to cut out early to get back home to mama. I underestimated how cold it would be and spent all night shivering and half awake so I am pretty tired. Have lots to do at home so here are some pics.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Outstanding, can't wait for more pics of camp dirtbag. Learning about the little gocart makes me want to bring stopstciks to the GA rally.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got all the dirty clothes and food unloaded. That was a good trip. Great to meet new people, 100dollarman and his crew and Yellobronc and his friend are all top notch. Yellowbronc's "RV" is sweet! I'll get some pics posted up a bit later. By the ODO on the deuce, we did about 80 miles not including the drive to and from. Nathan gets the award for farthest traveled...i'll think of something! I also have about 10 large "camp dirtbag lll" shirts left. I'll take a pic of them. If anyone would like one, i'll send it out to ya. A donation of 10.00 would be good, that way I can put the money in a coffee can and get more shirts for the next trip.

ems4ty

I too made it home safe and sound. Wife is a little mad for not being able to call but oh well... Had several hangups trying to get out there on Friday. Threw up before my flight back to OC and then again the parking lot at John Wayne when I landed. Went home and rested for a couple of hours. Decided that I could hold food down and headed to the office. Loaded up the truck, gathered firewood at a local job site, stopped by the grocery store for food, hit the bank, and then finally departed Irvine at about 2000 hrs.

During the solo-drive out, my throttle stuck wide open in Norco. Pulled over and killed the engine, looked under the hood and found my exhaust manifold glowing "Cherry Red!" Not sure on the cause other than I know the timing is off a tiny bit (A story for another day.) Finally got the Throttle situation worked out but managed to break my Lantern Globe in the process. Stopped 3 more times between Norco and Stoddard Wells to check the exhaust manifold which every time it was still glowing. Not sure if its normal, but the Air/Fuel gauge and O2 sensor I installed said that it was running for the most part Stiociometric (Just under the rich side actually.)

Made it out to Camp Dirtbag at about 2330 Hrs. Said hello to the remaining that were awake. (BTW - Thanks Will for checking up on me throughout the trip, I appreciate you waiting up for me!) Get situated, for the night blew up the air mattress in the dark (Remember, I broke the Lantern at the first breakdown in Norco.) got the sleeping bags in order and hit the sack around 0130 Saturday morning. About 2 hours later, I woke up because my arm was sore, turned out I had managed to put a hole of some kind in my air mattress as it was totally flat. Big bummer.

Saturday was awesome. Still recovering from being sick. Went out shooting, which was a blast. Sunday was good too, romping around the desert in uncharted territory. Got some really cool pics of Will, Hole, and Hundy practically high centering their trucks on the same hill for quads. Lots of photo's were shot, so I'm sure they'll be posted sometime soon. Hole's truck had awesome articulation with the rear axle hanging in air!

Anyways, glad I could make it. Hell or high water, I'll be there!

Cheers!

100dollarman

Camp DirtBag '08 was a huge success!!!

Michelle and I, my buddy Adam, Turbo n Gigi all had a GREAT TIME! It was great to meet some cool peeps from the board here. Thanks to our fearless leader WillWagner for leading the way!

Thanks to Devin for the hookup on tires and coolers, and thanks to Tony for bringing me a lightswitch.

I'm beat! Its alot of work (fun) driving a Deuce offroad all day!
Friday nite we had a big campfire and got to know everyone a bit. Sat we took a nice trail ride to a good shooting spot, killed a bunch of ammo, cleaned the place up a bit, then headed to In n Out burger for dinner--- quite a scene with a Deuce convoy in the drive thru!!!
Sunday we slept in, and took a ride up a canyon where we did a little 4x4'n. Back to camp, then the short trip home.

Looking forward to the next Camp DirtBag!!!

Thanks everyone!

Enjoy the pics to follow--- :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks