• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal fall desert trip

hole

About the only thing the 109's dont do is the hill climb portion of our program. Last fall an older gent happened upon us with what looked like a 109, ended up being a M35 with custom built shelter. Anyways, he told us he spent weeks at a time exploring the dez and had no probloms going anywhere he wanted. His cabinets where built so that everything would stay in their place when offroading, the guy had it pretty well planed out. I think brother Will took a few photos of it , maybe he can post em if he still has em.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Changed my oil and added John Tennis' spin on filter kit today, works great! Oil pressure within 3 seconds of start up. I will be bringing some items out to sell for a buddy if anyone is interested, New in box duece cargo covers, desert tan vinyl only $200, Desert tan vinyl cab tops, new in box $200, and 5 gallon water jug coolers brand new in box, comes with 3 per box $20 (I am not making anything off of these sales). I'll ask to see if there is anything else that might be of interest and post any items.

Attachments

nf6x

Feral Engineer
It looks like y'all are going to have a great time, and I'm sorry that I can't make it this year. Please post tons of pictures when you get back! [thumbzup]

19kilo

You can Mapquest VICTORVILLE. That will get you as cose as anything I believe, per a quote on the first page. No tracked armor this year. Deal hasn't gone thru yet. :( Still hoping to be able to come anyways. Trying to get out of having to take my step son to soccer on the 11th. I'l be posting pictures of my new MV tomorow under Deuces I think.

Floyd

Nathan: Do the grapevine, it's not that bad just leave early to stay away from the hotter part of the day. The temp on my truck never went over 185. I was more worried about the downhill portion than the climb up. It turned out to be a non event. Keep us posted.

Floyd

100dollarman

WillWagner said:
Well, if you head out the power line road back toward the 15, hang a left at the road that has the ruins to the left, and head back over the hill to apx 3 miles before the go cart track, we will be on the right. It is about 19 miles out the powerline road from Slash-X, back to the spot we have been to in the past, all ugly hooper filled road. I might be easier to do the 18 back to the 15, head toward Vegas, Get off at Stoddard Wells/Bell Mtn, Left at the end of the ramp, cross over Dale Evans and go apx 3 miles PAST the go cart track. PM me for a bit better options.

I think I'll go through Apple Valley and come in from the west side then past the cart track---is camp close to the main dirt road? I would like to bring my 40' 5th wheel to help make a 'base' camp. Might be nice for the girls, too. And I'll have a crew with me. (i dont know if any girls are coming, but mine is!) I am going to bring at least 2 Deuces. I may have to make 2 trips! I wont be bringing the tracked MOG-- the tracks dont like the rocks.

Attachments

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Plenty of room. I was past your place last Saturday. Nice assortment!

hole

Well, its the last weekend before we go! Lots to do,at least I have the weekend off to get ready. Let the countdown begin, 6 days left!!!!!

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Ho, you heard anything from Mike? I called a few times and got VM.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I'm just about ready. Installed my new vinyl cargo cover today just before it started raining. It is nice, has the built in front and rear flaps. Fiddled around trying to get my A3 wheels and tires swapped around, couldnt get the tire off the rim, called tire shop and he quoted me $25/wheel to swap tires, loaded everything up and drove 20 minutes to have him say "ohh, that will be $50/ tire and take a few days". I got frustrated and left, I guess I will just try and find 1 more new 14.5 R 20 tire so I can have a matching set of tires. If anybody is interested in machine gun rings, my buddy has a few to sell although it looks like it is just the ring and not the legs, dont have a price yet. Will I will bring a box of coolers for you.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Devin. Same tire guy who gets wierd? Which rings are they, 66 or the other one...42 I think? Does he have any cab supports...the plate that rivits to the back of the cab? I just realized something. If Dave..mendo069..doesn't bring his "latrine", 100dollarman will have one for us :wink: I pulled my junk out, fixed the t-case hi/low shaft oil leak, rebuilt the coleman stove, checked the lantern and stove ops, re-located the trailer license plate..got pulled over for it being obstructed :roll: Still gotta lube both the trailer and truck, but, since I had the t-case leak, I think I will take it to work and give it a good steam clean first. One more week, can't wait, I need a vacation..or hit the lottery 8) It's supposed to be 85 degrees during the daylight hours, but, for all comming, bring wood, and a couple of trash cans, for the firing range clean up. Oh yeah, ear protection too!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks