• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So it begins but never ends???

FrankUSMC

It looks like it is the filtering system for air being pulled out of the paint booth. We have a set up like that when we do asbestos.
I am thinking of that same sat up with one of my carports on our other farm. Enclose it with plastic and make it into a paint booth. You can catch the 21x18 foot carpoarts on sell some times for around $600 and up. We have about 6 of them now.....I think.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

Bill W

Yes its for filtering the air/overspray out of the booth, (makes less of a mess outside)
I bought a roll of 20' X 100' 6mil plastic from Lowes ($94.00) and about $30.00 worth of 2"x4" x16' that I cut down the center half to make the the frame work

Attachments

flyxpl

I would make you filter box bigger , ( more filters ) so that the filters are less restrictive . It will pull alot more air and you will have less of a fog when you do large jobs . Also a fiberglass less restrictive filter would help . Here is a pic of my homade paintbooth . It is 42 ' L x 21 ' W x 14 ' H . On the floor below the fans you can see the filter I use it is 48" wide about 3" thick roll you cut to lenght needed . It is not restrictive as a furnace fillter and will let large amounts of air pass through it .

Attachments

Bill W

Thanks for the input flyx
I believe the paper filters will catch more paint then the fiberglass matting will ( at the cost of being more restrictive ), yes bigger filter elements would be nice but this setup worked fine when I primed her yesterday ( no fog in the booth) though I did need change them out today before doing top coating ( $6.00 for a 3 filter pack )

Bill W

Ok
So far I've used 3 gals of WWII semi-gloss, still have a gallon left and just orderd 2 mores gals today., I think I'ts gonna take about 5gals total but I orderd extra gallon
Picture(s) look like theres red primer bleeding through but its just my ( old floppy) camera ( heck I have 4 coats on the drivers door )

Attachments

Last edited:

zak

Damm your at it again! Your m37 work made me a 3 year project on mine. Now your at it again with the deuce. Can I at least finish my jeep project before I have to start on the dump?

Bill W

OK larry I'll try and slow down a bit :D even though I was suppose to have this done by July 4, 200"9"
Thanks for the compliments guys

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Bill, you can not slow down for zak.

We need to see this truck in person at the Ga. Rally in October! :p

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill, are you re-doing the old purification truck or is this a new project? Either way, its looking sharp.

CGarbee

Bill, you get tired of playing with the small stuff, come on up to NC and I'll let you work on my five tons... I am sooo far behind on painting stuff it is unreal...

It looks really nice...

I still hate that you sold your M37 just before I was able to get mine on the road. Think how much nicer yours would have looked with mine parked next to it... (not that yours needed the help...).

Bill W

Bill, you can not slow down for zak.

We need to see this truck in person at the Ga. Rally in October! :p
GREAT! a Rally...Now I defintely have to reshoot the pass side fender :rolleyes:

Kenny: I sold my old (ex- purification) deuce to Fred before I moved to Ga being I was getting out of the hobby:? .. I bought this 1969 model up here about 2 years ago.aua

Cabell...HECK NO!!!...I'm throwing away my paint gun after this is done

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks