• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

South bound!

oilcan

Either in the deuce or a tent.

And if you have something that'll muffle gimp's snoring, that'd be great. I just hope I can keep my dang coughing under control. :cry:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, second set, must have something going on!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I called him and he's gonna call me back in a bit, I will Update here soon.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Couldn't talk long. They just met Rebel Pride and are gonna crash for the night. He said they are getting about 30 miles/set of alt belts. They grabbed a different alternator at ABlinn's place(haven't put it on yet). The rear main seal is also leaking some. RB will probably update us later or in the morning.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, not a fun day. Will hope for better things in the morning. A good nights sleep always seems to help, we have not had that since thursday. Wish us luck.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you come up I-77 in VA and need help, call me 540-593-2001.....may be able to help with parts hunting and/or tools if needed. Good luck on your trip!

citizensoldier

Either in the deuce or a tent.

And if you have something that'll muffle gimp's snoring, that'd be great. I just hope I can keep my dang coughing under control. :cry:
I here you oilcan!! Gymps snoring is somewhere between a grizzly and a buffalo. We were stacked 3 across in my pickup from FL and he could fall asleep and snore so loud you could not here the radio! Ol Gymp one of kind I tell ya!!!
Sounds like lots of trouble make it home safe..:roll:

KI4GSN

If you run into anything in the High point/Greensboro/Winston area of NC that you need help with let me know. I'm free quite a bit, so there's a good chance I could help if needed. Be safe.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just spoke with Gimpy, they were changing alternators. It looks like the alt that was on it has the grooves about a 1/4" off from the replacement alt.(hope that was the problem)

Also, they changed the primary fuel filter in an effort to solve a stuttering and occasional stalling problem.

They are headed to Jim Henry's next to possibly get an S-250 shelter, then heading home via I-75. Any support along this route home, may be needed and appreciated.

I'll update if when I get more.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got off the horn with Gimpster. They are at Jim Henry's place looking around. So far the belts are holding but they haven't gone that far. I've experienced this same problem before and am confident that the problem is quelled.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks