• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spare tire mount on 105.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A word of caution to all you folks considering this idea. Make sure you have a trailer with crank up landing gear. The weight of the tire combined with the weight of the nose of the trailer make hand lifting all but impossible. At least now I know why I saved all those spare tire mounts.

Nick

A word of caution to all you folks considering this idea. Make sure you have a trailer with crank up landing gear. The weight of the tire combined with the weight of the nose of the trailer make hand lifting all but impossible. At least now I know why I saved all those spare tire mounts.

What kind of spare mounts? The same ones as shown? Would you be willing to part with one? I'd like to have a spare for mine, even though I'll have a spare on the Power Wagon, a second spare woudl be cool.

I wanted to put it on the front, but the brake handles are in the way. I like the underneath thing, I think I'd see about doing it from the back though

Nick

2Deuces wild

Came from a deuce, He mounted it between the body mounts that bolt the body to the frame. In this spot its at the boxed part of the frame rail. It does not interferer with the brake hands, Air tank or tire. He had to grind a little of the weld from the upper right corner of the M35 tire mount so that it would fit nice and snug. One hole was already there so he just drilled it all the way though.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of spare mounts? The same ones as shown? Would you be willing to part with one? I'd like to have a spare for mine, even though I'll have a spare on the Power Wagon, a second spare woudl be cool.

I wanted to put it on the front, but the brake handles are in the way. I like the underneath thing, I think I'd see about doing it from the back though

Nick
I have the same ones. I need to go out and see how many I have. I have 2 M015 trlrs and plan a spare for each, after that I'll sell em. Matt in Live Oak (Green Gem) probably has a bunch as well..

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm real sure that I would want to have at least four bolts, holding that thing on. There is a reason for having four, when it goes bouncing down the road empty.

Lee in Alaska

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not sure it would work under an M101 but I just sold a 101 that had the carrier on the drivers side of the trailer.

(Up on the outside edge that is...)

slotman

this might also work on the bottom back of a deuce bed for larger super single tires and free up the front for an extra fuel tank and still carry a spare with out taking up space in the bed? will have to go out and take some measurements to see what might be in the way.

Nick

I'm not sure it would work under an M101 but I just sold a 101 that had the carrier on the drivers side of the trailer.

(Up on the outside edge that is...)

Do you have any pictures of that? Or info on what kind of crrier it was? Just out of curiosity, why wouldnt an under one work?

I have the bows and a cover, so I was thinking a side one wouldnt work to well with the cover. I'd really be interested if someone had pictures of that.

Just trying to get some ideas.

Thanks
Nick

Nonotagain

Do you have any pictures of that? Or info on what kind of crrier it was? Just out of curiosity, why wouldnt an under one work?

I have the bows and a cover, so I was thinking a side one wouldnt work to well with the cover. I'd really be interested if someone had pictures of that.

Just trying to get some ideas.

Thanks
Nick
The M101 trailers tilt the bed from the frame? The tire would be in the way of the tilt if mounted under the bed.

Nick

The M101 trailers tilt the bed from the frame? The tire would be in the way of the tilt if mounted under the bed.

yeah, mine does have that ability, but i am not gonna do that yet. the a frame where it meets the frame is too tight, I'd hafta heat it and bend it some.

I also have non stock lights on the back and the lights would hit the ground if I tilted the bed, so for now Im not planning on doing that.

If the tire were in the back, but kinda up towards the axle, would it still be in the way? It would hafta be in front of the rear stabilizer leg anyway. Im just not sure about the look of it the way dueces did it..

If not underneath it, the only other way I would wanna do it is on the side.

Nick

Nick

theres an m32a2 spare tire winch on ebay right now. looks like the same one deuces used.

Im just thinking more of the on the side mount, kinda like an m37 style. what kinda mount would work for a 101?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks