• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spin on conversion DONE !!! M809 NHC 250

ida34

Here are the Wix numbers my local store came up with.

Fleetguard 3300923 s Does not cross to Wix
Fleetguard LF-670 Wix 51970 $25.29

jwaller

ida34 said:
I just went to my local store. They tried to cross the number given of 3300923 S. They came up with a cross for 3300922 s. It showed to be a filter adapter base for a 68-75 cummins engine. Does any one know if 3300922 s will also work for the 800 series five ton oil filter conversion? I was quoted $95 from my cummins dealer and $80 from my local store.
no. you have to use the # I used. the other is listed for our engines but it's not right, I tried it first and it does not fit. I got the parts from cummins if that helps.

ida34

Cummins showed the right number. You input helps. I will just have to pay the extra money to get the Fleetguard conversion. I think the filter number is right for both.

Thanks
Chuck

vinny-socom1

Jwaller I went to my Cummins dealer and they told me that your part number (3300923S)was for motors 68 and older and the other number(3300922S) was for motors 69 and newer? My 818 is a 1970 which one do I need?? and it wasn't available as a kit instead a base plus filter.

Help Please I have both on order now?

Vinny

jwaller

Jwaller I went to my Cummins dealer and they told me that your part number (3300923S)was for motors 68 and older and the other number(3300922S) was for motors 69 and newer? My 818 is a 1970 which one do I need?? and it wasn't available as a kit instead a base plus filter.

Help Please I have both on order now?

Vinny
you will want this part.

you are right it's not a kit. you have to buy the base/oring and then the filter is seperate, as you can use any number of filters on it as others have pointed out.

Attachments

grounded

Banned
FOUND my conversion filter for my 818 ;)

now to get filters, adapters, and all other upgrades for the cummins. ARG trucks getting costly rofl

O yea bump for any new members with cummins

Alcon

My son forwarded your spin-on conversion post to me. We're going to install this kit on our M-816 engine. Thank you for sharing; your information and instructions were very helpful.

Kjb2007

Banned
Anyone figure out the fuel filter conversion yet?

Also has anyone put a inline filter on yet for the anti-freeze? I have been reading it on the deuce but not seen it on the 800 series yet. (still working on putting back together my 813 and would like to make sure its engine is taken care of)

powerhouseduece

Anyone figure out the fuel filter conversion yet?

Also has anyone put a inline filter on yet for the anti-freeze? I have been reading it on the deuce but not seen it on the 800 series yet. (still working on putting back together my 813 and would like to make sure its engine is taken care of)
Im not sure about the fuel filters but for the coolant filters I think ODIron has them but am not too sure if the have set them up on a cummins. I was lucky to have a nice chat with John Tennis about the importance of a coolant filter on the 250 motors. He is a person to get intouch with. He's also not too far from you ;-)

bambambam22

Are you telling me that this is the same kit that Eastern surplus is selling for $225.00. I just picked one of yours up as Cummins Friday but have not had the chance to open the box yet and I just had to ask one last time. Everything axcept the filter that I need is in that little box to put a spin on filter on my M813 or M820 5 Ton Cummins 250. It just sounds too simple and really curious why it is $225.00 at eastern surplus?

bambambam22

I forgot to ask in my last post. ODIron has a oil filter relocation kit will you look at that and tell me what you think. Is it so I can move the spin on filter to where ever I want to I assume using hoses to do so. Am I looking at it right? They do not have a phone number on there web site and I am not getting a responce from from sending them an email. How canyou be a retail business whithout giveing out your phone number?

Kjb2007

Banned
I sat up at my cummins dealer friday where i got my spin on oil filter adapters, and we came up with a new spin on fuel filter conversion. $40 for adapter and $8 filter. I will post up soon as its done and let know how the conversion goes. Finally spin on oil, and fuel filters

Kjb2007

Banned
$225 for the conversion? Take Jwallers numbers up to your cummins dealer and get all your parts for about 1/4 that price. INCLUDING the fleetguard filter

bambambam22

They say it is a crossover from a comershial kit and imply that it takes the kit and some special parts also to make it work. I may be misunderstanding them but it is the way it reads to me.
The spin on fuel filter kit is also $225.00 does anyone have the part numbers for the fuel filter kit also? Thanks for saving me a bundle!!!!

M35 For Sale. Deuces for Sale Turbo Diesel, Army Trucks, Logging, Heavy Trucks, Off-Road Big Trucks, Four Wheel Drive
Filter conversion kit $225

Spin On Oil Filter adaptor kit for Cummins NHC250 Diesel, includes spin on base, gaskets and new filter, for your M800 series 5 ton truck $225

bambambam22

ok I dont know where this came from but it should not be in my post
( M35 For Sale. Deuces for Sale Turbo Diesel, Army Trucks, Logging, Heavy Trucks, Off-Road Big Trucks, Four Wheel Drive )
I aslo dont know what this is either
( http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cid:ima...A4725.7A6DD1E0 )

but what I was trying to show you was the web site that had the oil and fuel filter kits for $225.00 I'll try it again and see if I can get it here
( M35 For Sale. Deuces for Sale Turbo Diesel, Army Trucks, Logging, Heavy Trucks, Off-Road Big Trucks, Four Wheel Drive )
if not it is Eastern Surplus . net and it is under 5 ton spare parts is there something differant other than the price in these kits. WOW I bought the spin on oil kit at my Cummins dealer for 92.00 and that included over night freight. Something has to be differant that would be $133.00 profit above and beyond what Cummins has to make to stay in business

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks