• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spring 2012 Rausch Creek Rally Sign Up Thread

shenkmen

Joe, how is the engine swap coming?
I dropped the new engine off yesterday after putting new fuel lines, coolant hoses, thermostat, filter adapters, all new goodies, etc... on it. The truck gets picked up today. I should have it back by Friday. That gives me a week to work out the kinks.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, I'm out. I have to work next weekend and right now making money trumps wheeling (say it ain't so!). This will be the first RC rally I have missed since its inception in fall 2007, so it wasn't an easy decision since I love RC wheeling. Have a great time guys and hope noone gets pulls a Gimpy.

PaFarmer

See you next time Maddawg.

Powerhousedeuce - I am up for a ride at the end of April, let me know what time you want to meet up. Last week I got an 05 supercab 4x4 F350. It was a Brickman landscaping truck, so the sheetmetal is pretty beat up, but it has a 300 HP 24 valve V-8, a five speed auto and a Dana 60 front. I have 37" swampers. I have 12 bolt rims with stock GY 37" tires. I am waiting on the wheel spacers/adapters to bolt up the rims and tires so I can see how much sheetmetal needs to get cut off of the front fenders. They say you can run 35"s stock, so 37"s should fit with some cutting and hammering. I want to ditch the bed, build solid bumpers, shorten the wheelbase and build a flatbed.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think i may be out this year too. I have a bunch of other stuff going on and would really like to get my deuce back up and going. I hate to miss it though! :sad: especially joes short ribs! yum!!

shenkmen

The motor is in and running smooooooth. I just need to stop one of the spin on oil filter bases from leaking and figure out why my turn signals and running lights are screwy.

Current plan is to be there Friday around 5. I'll get there earlier or Thursday night if possible.

Last edited:

71m109a3

I'll be there Saturday morning with my m109. I can also bring some fire wood. Not sure If I'll have a passenger yet. For the guys coming in Saturday- when and where should we meet up with the Pack?

shenkmen

Updated the attendee list and added a satellite shot of where first Steel Soldier members should camp and reserve space. As folks arrive we need to spread out and reserve space for the group.

Attachments

Last edited:

shenkmen

I'll be there Saturday morning with my m109. I can also bring some fire wood. Not sure If I'll have a passenger yet. For the guys coming in Saturday- when and where should we meet up with the Pack?
I'd say get there be 9 so we can assemble an get rolling.

Where? Look for several large, former military vehicles! :) See my above post for the campsite location.

Cheers.

spicergear

I checked on the Raush Creek website and they mentioned nothing about pets. Dogs are allowed, right? I recall there being a few around but just wanted to check--

Thanks!

PaFarmer

Burn ban. RC is prohibiting camp fires for the time being. Burn Ban
Maybe if we get some rain later this week, they will lift the ban. I do not know if they will have this information posted at the site, but lets keep RC happy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks