• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Springtime Scrapyarding in Fontana

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Will, Do you have any room in your truck for one more? WAYNE.:?::razz:
Most likely, gimmie a call. I called out there today, all is a go! Last time out, it was still a no on the A3, but things change. I think there will be a guy from AZ out ther too. I forget who it is. He said he'd be there earlier than noon, so if we meet at the stand earlier, we can hook up with him and get a few more scrounge hours in too.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bout 1/2 mile from taco place to the yard. Theres usually at least one guy that brings an MV.
So there's just a bunch of private trucks and we ask about each part before we pull?

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So there's just a bunch of private trucks and we ask about each part before we pull?
Nay, there are tools all over the place, but one or more of us usually bring tools so you don't need to scrounge for them. You pull your own stuff unless it's big, like cabs, engines, trans or t-case, etc. Alll that is asked is that you do not pull from a complete runner....just ask first. Bring a set of clean clothes if you don't want your seat full of dirt and grime on the way home. I usually bring hand cleaner and water/soda...and the occasional adult bev ;-).
You, or anyone interested in going, can call if you like for directions or what ever.
626-840-1751

We are supposed to get a sprinkle tonight with clearing Sat afternoon/evening.
That will keep the dust down and clean dust off of parts not under sheds/tarps. :-D

I am bringing Hole a battery box that he needs and an empty tummy so that I can have a few tacos for Big Mike :stir pot: and my usual Camarones (Shrimp) Cocktail that is just HUGE!!! :drool:

I'll be there at 10am. I am so ready..............................:driver:

Oh yeah, stickers up the whazzzooooo as well.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I bring a M109 with a box that's just barely bolted on, can I leave it there? :)

The box, not the truck.........

JDToumanian

If I bring a M109 with a box that's just barely bolted on, can I leave it there?
You don't want the box? Are you turning it into a cargo truck? The box would make a fine storage shed in my backyard.........

tukrhum

i could get lost in this place for a week. my wife even like it!!going back next week to get 2 sets of springs and hangers, the price is right also .
thanks to who put this together.
glenn

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish I could have made it, but I spent my $$$ yesterday on the new bed.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got some pics for you BLKHMMWV. Picked up a wake board and a cooling fan for one of the M113's at the museum for a whopping $50.00! Also dug out some other goodies and put them aside for a future run for resale. I'll post some pics in a bit. It was a bit sunny out there, My bald head got burnt!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any chance of another trip towards the end of July? Looks like it's less than an hour and a half from where i'll be for about a week.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will be freekin' HOT in July, but I guess i'd be up for it. Just gotta remember the Edgar Winter Super ****** White SPF 90. I got SMOKED today! I usually don't :?:. George, the sun has wiped me out. I am feeling extermely lazy. Looks like i'll post up tomorrow with the pics I took

998Junkie

Well I'm a complete newb and don't own any MV's yet, but I could not believe how much stuff is shoehorned into that place. Nice people as well and the prices seem reasonable.

The taco's were pretty good but I might try that shrimp cocktail or the peppers next time.

I'll bring some sunbock and a hat next time too.:-D

hole

It will be freekin' HOT in July, but I guess i'd be up for it. Just gotta remember the Edgar Winter Super ****** White SPF 90. I got SMOKED today! I usually don't :?:. George, the sun has wiped me out. I am feeling extermely lazy. Looks like i'll post up tomorrow with the pics I took
Sounds like your getting too old for this:p

As always, it was a great time to meet new members, see old ones again, and rummage the new stuff at the junkyard. The Shrimp Cocktail and Tacos are just the icing on the cake.

There is a chance that I have my deuce sold (for a good price) so I didn't hunt for deuce equipment. I mainly went there for the camaraderie and there is always something that you just gotta have.

Well, I found it!!! After 35+ years of wanting one but just never biting the bullet and getting one - I found a near new Sandblast Cabinet by Snap On. I don't really care about the brand name but that's a plus. What I really liked is that it has doors on both sides of the cabinet so that I can put large pieces in for blasting.
I am a sign shop and when making sandblasted signs and glass, I loose all my sand to the terra firma when blasting - but now it will be contained in the cabinet. It really gets expensive using the aluminum oxide on glass.
I will be returning in 2 weeks to pick it up when I can return with a trailer.

Pictures attached.

I also got some old time oil cans with the long neck for putting oil right where you need it a drop at a time.

I had to leave a little early as I had some work to finish before I went to a BBQ at a friends house. Will, you are not kidding about the Edgar Winter rated SPF. I also forgot to wear my hat. I went to a the BBQ and they took one look at my Pink Faced Guppy Sloped Forehead (yeah, I be missing hair there) and exclaimed "Hey, we can grill the Tri-Tip on Gary's forehead!!" It was on fire. Yeow!!!

Will and Devin got some very nice treasures. They always seem to know what to look for or happen on it while digging. I like the Viet era helmets he found. Some with liners and wrapped in camo. Great find!!!

tukrhum and 998junkie it was great to meet you guys. I forget the names of the guys from Arizona already - I am so bad with names. Nice guys all of them.

tukrhum - you'll have to post some pics of those bomb fins for potted plant holders when you get them made up. That was a great idea.

Already looking forward to the next get together there.
Oh and a big thank you to Will for bringing the Mermac with the Ice Cold water!!

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks