• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Springtime Scrapyarding in Fontana

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK. A few pics of some of the stuff I brought home. Anyone got a good pic of the item in pic 2097 in use? I also have a few things stashed for a future trip to gather items for an upcomming event to try a secondary income since we went on Workshare starting today. In essence, I got layed off, but only for a day, then one day a week...we are on two week pay periods..and the State SHOULD make up50% of the lost wages. God, I hope so. Guess it is better than a real lay off! Some of the other items stashed include all sorts of shackles, trailer cords, some hardware, inert stuff, fired stuff, gauges, some NOS harnesses trhat I STILL didn't get the NSN's from to see what they are for, maybe some MGPTS tents, cots, pioneer tool kits, too much to list. Maybe Thursday I'll go back...that's my unpaid day off :roll:

Attachments

hole

After getting a few too many " good base's " I keep some of that Edgar Winter Super ****** SPF 45 in the door of my truck:wink:

groundog

:) it was a good trip----good to meet new steel soldiers and browse the yard---it was 9.30 pm by the time we got back to phoenix---long day

Will,
I would be interested in knowing what that triangular piece is for in pic # 5. I forgot to ask you that when you were gathering them.
Any chance you could go next Thursday (the14th)?. I could meet you there or even pick you up on my way out with the trailer (so there would be extra room) to get my sandblast cabinet. We could make another day of it.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,

I will be in Riverside next week, attending my daughter's graduation ceremony from UC Riverside.

I'd like to have a look through the yard while I have a chance. I bought a deuce truck and have started seeing green.

Would someone please provide info on how I can call to make an appointment with the proprietor of the scrap yard? If it's a secret, I promise not to tell.

Thanks,

Rick

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
rchalmers3, PM me for info. 48cj2a, thanks for the info on the pieces in question.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How bout 23-27ish July?? I'll be out there then. Would love to check it out.:-D

tjmarco

I don't have a deuce,but just got a M105 (I think) for $50 bucks,but I need wheels!Would like to join you guys if thats ok.If anythig ,just to look around .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks