• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers 2009 Florida Rally... Its on!

dc3coyote

Bought mine and Brittanys ticket, Oh yea.
She informed me today, that she has never fired a gun before. I also plan to teach her to drive the Pinz and one of the Dueces. Yep shes a virgin.
This will only be her second time camping out.

maxim

Hope everything goes well for you Lloyd. I know 'your guys' can handle the ranch. We plan on lighting a fire in a trash can can just to get the effects of the Fla Rally......in 10 degrees....have fun guys, (gals too). Dang I miss all that blastin....

dc3coyote

To keep the traffic moving on the fl rally. What vehicles are yall bringing?
I will be bringing my Pinz with the box off, and the Duece with a liftgate.

devilman96

Speaking of tickets...

Guys... I KNOW there are a LOT more people that are coming whom have not yet purchased their tickets... Please do not forget that advanced purchasing closes in about 2 weeks. If your coming... Please get your tickets ordered...

Also... If you have questions, need help with purchasing, etc... please email Marie at marie@odiron.com

It not about the money, its about head counts and knowing what to prep for as cliff and I are hanging on numbers to make food purchases.

Rally shirts...

Everyone keeps asking but no, not yet... I will post and start taking orders as soon as we have the art work proofed... HINT HINT!!!

ccequipment

Mike, I may just drop in for a second to pick up my 12 wheels. Do I need to do anything in advance, buy a ticket? The rally is at the end of my 2 week vacation, and the family will be wanting to go home, I have a feeling. Mabey I can stay longer next year. Got any extra wheels, I might be interested, Thanks Clinton

citizensoldier

I will be there is spirit this year.. My wife and I have joined the ranks of Michigans %12 un-employment and can not come.. I am very sad to miss this one after all I feel all fuzzy inside thinking about when I was a part of the first one. I still want a RALLY shirt MIKE!!! So save me a large would ya! :cry::cry:
Man the food! The friends!,The machine guns! The brush and gas fires! Nothing like the smell of a roasting jeep..
Mangus post pictures please... and no rides on the golf cart.. The yankee train is out of go juice this year..
Loyde.. Sad news my friend.. But this just means you will be hard to keep up with next year.. I hope your surgery well and keep up posted please.. :cry:

appnut1

Just can't wait

Hey Mike got my tickets today wifey daughter and I can't wait for the fun to start.
Lloyd (AKA poppop) sorry you and the Mrs. won't make it this year but hope all go's well and we will see you next year

Blythewoodjoe

It looks like I will be there now. I will have to look around and see what I need to place in a good home (sell). I will look the other threads and stuff over. I have not followed this event at all really. I think I will make the 8 hour trip down friday morning and leave Sunday morning for home. I will be driving the F-150, no MV for a road trip. Besides I drove my old deuce to Aberdeen and back twice. Not sure my undercarriage would care to do that again.

Joe Trapp

Joe Trapp

citizensoldier

Anybody from the Cherry Point area of North Carolina going to this? I could use a off road trailer hauled down and dropped off at the rally for a pick up? It will need to be trailered or put in the back of a truck.. Just fishing because Frank USMC is probably needing it gone.. I have family that will pick it up at the rally..

poppop

Thanks for the thoughts guys!! I am home and doing very well which will make it even harder not to be there. By all means post pics as I will be watching from the computer.

devilman96

Sad Poppop... We will miss you, Morgan was really looking forward to seeing you and your wife again... I will inform the bears that their welcome back! LOL

Lane... Im very sorry to hear about the current conditions up there, it sucks...

Also guys... Lane farms syrup... which is why we call him a "tree puncher"... well... for that and other obvious reasons. He and the wife could use some serious support about right now so please look into buying his stuff... http://www.sappytap.webs.com/ I just ordered a gallon for the rally so help a fellow member...

WE NEED ITEMS TRANSPORTED!!!

Guys I need another GM Med pole set(s) (or 2 or 3) and a GP small pole set moved down from up North. Anyone passing through the OH KY area please set up!!!

Tee shirts are in the works... Soon soon soon...

Ticket sales are booming right now, which is good cause I was getting a little worried!!! Looks like we are going to have a great turn out again!

Guys... Also don’t forget we have the parts swap thread... http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?t=28124

A memorial service will be held on Sat eve for fallen SS members David, Ethan and Ace... If I am forgetting someone please speak up... Kenny will be heading things up so if you have something to contribute please contact him.

I have been in contact with David's family (whom I need to call again). I have invited them down to the rally (David was the first SS member to buy tickets to the 09 rally). His wife is hopeful but was very unsure about attending when I spoke to her last week due to the obvious chaos in their lives but was hopeful that one of both of her sons would make the trip...

I have offered them full accommodations and (gulp), my new CUCV if they choose to attend... Also... and I hope I am not being my usual A-hole self in saying this but... IF they do choose to come PLEASE allow them to enjoy the rally and DON’T bring up the obvious... As it will happen 200-300 times over and over and over again by person after person after person.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One correction, the small but meaningful service will be on Saturday right before evening chow. I'd like everyone at the rally to attend for a few minutes to honor these great men that we have lost!

dc3coyote

First off, the premilary shirt design is awesome, Brittany has been working non stop, well for the most part, she has also been helping me to get ready for a short deployment. These shirts will definatley be the most original.

That said, I may need a extra driver for the trip, I dont think I will have time to teach Brittany to drive the Pinz, before the rally. I will most likely have a mostley empty Duece for the trip up, I am coming from Tampa, so its a short run but if you have something you want hauled.

I am looking for another GP set, med or Large would be better, also I could use a small tarp to repair some holes and two rips in the one I allready have.

Now its almost time to get on the plane for two weeks alone on a desert island.

Blythewoodjoe

So what's the temps down there expected to be. Wondering if I need the speedo or long johns:oops:

And could some one check the system. I can't get the picture of me in my speedo to up load.

dc3coyote

Bring them both. For my sorry butt its too cold. but for yall northerners its summer time.
Temps have been down to the 50s at night.

The system seems to be working fine then, keeping the unwanted sights off the net.

dc3coyote

Yea well anyone north of Orlando is a northerner, in my book. I look forward to seeing you there, I am spending two weeks in the Bahamas to prep for the rally. I am gonna see what I can do about bringing back my share of Lobster, and some fish, if I can get out.