• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers emails and site issues

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok after I got this in my email last night from support@steelsoldiers.com, the email has been added to my junk email list until things are rectified on this site. See below for the BS email message.
You should be thankful for this. You get important information and a positive message, much more important than what you would be talking about if you were going to be talking about anything else.
You get your forum tested for vulnerabilities and dangerous holes exposed, holes that are actively being used by malicious hackers to install malware and steal money from people. Holes that are easy to fix and should have been fixed months ago.
You get emergency response training that you cannot get anywhere else, from someone that means you no harm and only has to get the message out.
The message itself is vital for your survival. Like it or not, the Revolution is coming, and you are not going to sit this one out. If you choose to fight against Us just because you don't like being hacked, you are making a terrible mistake.

Do you think that you can just hide with your guns and fight off the New World Order army when they come for you? Did Waco and Ruby Ridge teach you nothing? Or will you just do nothing and submit when they come to take away your guns, enslave you and your family, and kill 90% of the population?

You should put your guns to good use while you still can. Time is running out and nobody will be more sorry than you if it does run out without you doing anything to resist.

You like to think that you are defending Liberty and exercising your freedoms, but you are actually a traitor to all those who love Liberty, because you sit back and do nothing while legislators are taking away freedoms piece by piece. So don't complain that you don't like being hacked and if you are trying to fight us, you are fighting the wrong people. There are people that are talking about hacking us back and threatening violence. This is hypocrisy, because if it's okay for you to hack someone, then you have no grounds to be offended about being hacked, and by all counts hacking is less offensive than violence. It is also treason, because we are actively fighting for freedom, while all you do is talk and your words don't match your actions. Of course, you think it's much easier to fight us because you think we are small and weak, and the NWO is big and strong, but this just shows you for what cowards you really are.
WTF man, I agree with 1/2 of your beliefs but this NWO bull crap should be in the mess hall or not here on SS. You should go roll a fatty and read a good book chillax and pray for our troops. That's my 2 centavo's

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Don, that was the second email the hackers sent out once we had the site back under control but their plug in was still running.

auron

THIS WAS MY RESPONSE TO THE HACKERS AND NOT DIRECTED AT THE FORUM OR PATRACY IN ANY WAY thank you:

I see your hack and raise you a WTF. How dare you address me as a coward I am overseas fighting for America and everyone that lives in our country? If you have the nerve to call me the coward come out and join me on the battle field and we will see how a computer geek living in mommies basement reacts when you face a real IED or when you have to scramble as the gunner to get back inside the hmmwv so the armor on your turret won’t cut you in half when you roll over from the blast. [quote/]

auron

I was hoping they were still tapped into the account lol watching the chaos im used to v-bul. getting hacked and I have traced most of the culprits back to another forum known as zoklet
they tend to do this kind of thing for fun

I would never direct this at this forum y'all are too nice to me and everyone else :beer:

redneck rebel

I knew immediatly when reading the email what happened.

Then I saw your response to the email saying people were chewing you out for it?! REALLY? whoever it was that was "ripping you a new one" needs to get over themselves and calm down... Things in the IT world arent perfect and never will be.

stuff happens. I thought the first email was BLATANTLY obvious of what had happened. Thanks for what you do running this site so we can all have a place to come to for good information on the rigs that we own!!!

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PATRACY: I LOVE your new avatar! The A-10 Thunderbolt is one of my favorite aircraft in the US Air Force. Thanks for your hard work on getting SS back online. Your hard work is much appreciated.

I know it's been said hundreds of times over, but I'd like to send a personal 'thank you' to those involved in creating and maintaining this site. I'd also like to thank the members on SS for making it the wealth of information that it is. I feel a strong sense of community and support from SS. We're all in this crazy hobby/lifestyle together and I'm soooo glad I'm not alone!

:smile:

Bob-M151A2

The "Coward" comment was the one that got to me. I'm a Vietnam Vet (class of '69) and received the Bronze Star and CIB over there. There are way too many vets on here to let an email like that stand, so thanks very much for attending to it so promptly. My wife read the email and said, "What the h*ll?"

I think the only cowards around here are the ones that sent out their BS emails. Let them come and visit with some of the vets and call us cowards to our faces. LOL... ain't gonna happen b/c they're too chicken.

Bighurt

My only concern is did they gain access to the list of email accounts or just the forwarder? I hate dealing with junk...

I realize none of it was your fault and you did a fine job of regaining control. If it indeed was a ANON hack, I suspect it was a former member. ANON is as mentioned a movement rather than a former group, it takes an act to gain use of the collective movement. A former dissolved or distempered member could be to blame.

I would urge people to randomly change passwords periodically, even disinterested from the attack. Once information is obtained the attackers can wait until you've returned to normal behavior before completing the original mission. Your never more susceptible to an attack when you think your safe.

This attack may not be over, just on hiatus.

:beer:

Ma Duce

I got your notice yesterday. I just got the revolution email an hour ago. The date stamp is from the 3/26/12. 10:26 am

No worries, i knew it was BS. Keep up the good work.

combatmech

When I saw those emails the other day, I had to laugh a little. Stinks it had to happen to us. Oh well.....Life with the OD addiction will go on. Thanks again for all you do:beer:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Patracy your efforts are greatly appreciated by all of us! THANK YOU! One of the grim realities of today and unfortunately this site, the bigger and more members we get the bigger the target sign on our back is going to get, again and I hate to say it but its all a game, we can spend more money to fix the "INTRUSION" problem TODAY!! Tomorrow is a new day and the bad guys will figure out a way around our yesterdays FIX! Keep the faith Patracy and again your efforts are greatly appreciated!
KK

Recy Mech

Yeah, I got the 'weird' emails (x2), started to read 'em then trashed 'em. Did think WTF? Shrugged shoulders, and thought just another bit of crap brought to you by this internet thingy.

Cheers for the feedback of how/why.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for taking care of the problem. At first, I thought I was hacked and someone sent something to you! Then I realized it was the other way around. Sure wish idiots like that, when caught, would have their fingers broken, or worse.
This post was the 1 st. post of a noob. Good attitude....!

fiberoptic

I'd suggest everyone change your passwords everywhere. Right about the time SS got compromised, my gmail account was breached and used to spam. I used the same password here as I did there. (I know big mistake.) I'm not saying they got the password from here, but I have a feeling they did. Who knows what else they stole? This was the first time my email account had been compromised in the 8+ years I've had it. :beer:

Glad to see everything is back to normal.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a SS member call me today asking about the e-mails , he currently dosen't have internet , and had access to a computer to check his e-mails . He said last year this same group hacked another site and got his paypal info and caused him all kinds of problems . So they may have been looking to do more than just spread their word .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'd suggest everyone change your passwords everywhere. Right about the time SS got compromised, my gmail account was breached and used to spam. I used the same password here as I did there. (I know big mistake.) I'm not saying they got the password from here, but I have a feeling they did. Who knows what else they stole? This was the first time my email account had been compromised in the 8+ years I've had it. :beer:

Glad to see everything is back to normal.
While it's always a good idea to switch passwords, given this attack I don't believe they gained anyones email or password info. They basically exploited an add on to the board that allowed them to insert a plug in that allowed them to redirect the site and use the mailer daemon to send an email to all. I say this because instead of highjacking any of the admin accounts, they simply used the plug in to nuke the admin account passwords and insert "lol" at the email accounts. Preventing us from logging in or using the reset password function. (I had to correct the accounts by hand)

I had a SS member call me today asking about the e-mails , he currently dosen't have internet , and had access to a computer to check his e-mails . He said last year this same group hacked another site and got his paypal info and caused him all kinds of problems . So they may have been looking to do more than just spread their word .
We do not store any paypal info here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks