• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers Florida Get Together - June 4th-6th!

Green_gator

Just bought my ticket. For some reason sleeping in an Army truck in June hold no interest for my wife. Will bring my ten year old son, after all it is his truck, and eight year old daughter. I will add more folks as I find out if any are coming along. Any word on the size of the spots? I am bringing the 109 and a trailer so I may need to spread out a bit.

SixSpeed

Banned
Just bought my ticket. For some reason sleeping in an Army truck in June hold no interest for my wife. Will bring my ten year old son, after all it is his truck, and eight year old daughter. I will add more folks as I find out if any are coming along. Any word on the size of the spots? I am bringing the 109 and a trailer so I may need to spread out a bit.
Payment received. Thanks!

I don't think there is "size" per say for the sites, but you will be fine with your setup. Space will be given out as needed.

rbeasley66

Okay, the deed has been done and the fun is soon to began! Thanks SixSpeed and Vinny! Now, if I can only make my M105A2 into a RV trailer by then, I'll be sleeping good!

SixSpeed

Banned
I want to attend but do not know if my wife and my own schedule will allow it. All id bring is a tent and a pickup truck unless my father inlaw let me take the deuce. .
Hope you can make it!

Okay, the deed has been done and the fun is soon to began! Thanks SixSpeed and Vinny! Now, if I can only make my M105A2 into a RV trailer by then, I'll be sleeping good!
Payment received. Thanks!:-D

Who is next!?

SixSpeed

Banned
Copy of first post, I know some people don't check it.

Information

Location: The base of operations will be at Withlacoochee River RV Park & Canoe Rental with trail rides in "Richloam". Located right on the Withlacoochee River they offers sites with plenty of shade & full hookup. Most sites have fire ring and great views of the river. The number of water/electricity hookup sites will be limited. It is first come first serve. Multiple people can stay on the same site.

• Clean Restrooms w/ Showers
  • Laundry Room
  • Pavilion w/ Water, Electric & Grill
  • Canoe Rental Availble
  • Firewood Availble
  • Plenty of Parking
  • Fishing
This venue is located literally across the street to the Withlacoochee State Forest "Richloam". This area offers tens of thousands of acres littered with all kinds types of trails. The entrance to the Richloam Wildlife Management area is only 900 feet from the camp ground, couldn't be easier!.

- Link to Event Map (Trail Map) - HERE
- Link to Google Map of Richloam Area (Map is roughly centered on the area)- HERE
- Link to Google Map of Campground Location - HERE
- Link to Campground Website - HERE

Invited: The event will be hosted for Steel Soldiers members with an extended invitation to the MVPA, Unimog, Pinzgauer, RR groups and close friends. Please feel free to invite, extend and re-post this invitation to your friends, families and web boards. MV enthusiasts of all type are welcome but this event is a private function and is NOT open to the "general public"!

Date: Friday, Saturday & Sunday - June 4th, 5th and 6th.

Cost & Payment:
  • Camping will run $25.00 per person for the weekend.
  • A day pass to campground runs $10.00 a day.
  • Kids 12 and under are FREE.

Payment Information:
Understand that I have had to pay (out of my own pocket) the venue in advance to reserve the entire area just for us. I realize it is impractical to require pre-payment, as sometimes it doesn't work out. However, if it is at all possible, PLEASE pay as soon as you can for this event. You will receive a unique wrist band for the event in the mail.

You can find a link to pay here: LINK

If you absolutely can't make payment before hand, I will accept payment on-site.

Rules: The rules are simple and straightforward.

Questions: Post Up here! Or E-mail/Private Message Me

vinny-socom1

last time I camped in June all I had was a tent and shop fan inside worked out just fine, so I think a cot & fan in the back of a M105 would work.

Vinny

vinny-socom1

I was thinking of hooking up a CB in my bobber so we could communicate
from the trails & camp any ideas? Does anybody have a CB inthere MV? I wasn't sure if the 2way radios would work that far??

Vinny