• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2015 - May VOTE HERE

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Et tu Brute? GA guys are sticking together. You're making TX look bad. No ride for you in the Goat at the next rally (in my best Seinfeld Soup bad guy voice).

Piper Cub

This is a tough month. I can't decide between myself, Castle Bravo, sandcobra, RDUKW, or mkcoen. One vote for my truck would be nice(even if it's my own vote), but I really didn't expect to have any chance with all the great tucks this month.

Keith_J

This stuff of picking just one is NOT getting any easier!!

But... loyalty to a buddy trumps, so I'm going with mkcoen and his goat.

Besides that, I know what that goat looked like, and drove like, just a couple of months ago when we picked it up. I wrassled that recalcitrant, nothing but parking brake, no-steering @#&*% onto a trailer back then - last week I was driving it around with ease. And stopping with similar alacrity!
Mark worked like a demon every day to get the goat back into shape, and did a great job of it.

Cheers
yes, demon. But he had some help :beer:. And I know you are a slacking Irishman and don't drink but enjoy :naner:

m715mike

Et tu Brute? GA guys are sticking together. You're making TX look bad. No ride for you in the Goat at the next rally (in my best Seinfeld Soup bad guy voice).
aua Dat-gum-it!!! I just lost a ride in the Goat? I'm doomed this month!! Maybe if I armor-all the Goat's tires.... Maybe I can get back into good graces???

Oh well... It looks like you are doing well in the polls!!!

So everyone else >>> Vote for Castle Bravo....

And Mark - I have a secret weapon for the GA guys. We'll use their own muscle against em' >>>
Trailer picture - Vinny & Vito.jpg

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
aua Dat-gum-it!!! I just lost a ride in the Goat? I'm doomed this month!! Maybe if I armor-all the Goat's tires.... Maybe I can get back into good graces???

So everyone else >>> Vote for Castle Bravo....
Ride?? I was letting folks at the Temple Air Show DRIVE the Goat. Just imagine...the Off Road Park. All those trails and you behind the wheel of the Goat. I was actually reconsidering until that last line.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay folks we're heading into the last week (and Monday is a holiday so I know you'll all be at the lake). Only 73 votes so far. It's time to climb down from the fence and cast your vote to support those that have stuck their necks out, put all their emotional hopes/dreams/reasons for living, on-line reputations, and mental stability out there for all to judge. No pressure. To make it easier for you just vote for me :).

m715mike

Ride?? I was letting folks at the Temple Air Show DRIVE the Goat. Just imagine...the Off Road Park. All those trails and you behind the wheel of the Goat. I was actually reconsidering until that last line.

Mark - When I read that I lost an ottortunity to DRIVE your Goat, I blacked-out. I'm just now coming-to. Did I miss anything important over the last day? It looks like you are still winning by a wide margin, so I guess not....

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mark - When I read that I lost an ottortunity to DRIVE your Goat, I blacked-out. I'm just now coming-to. Did I miss anything important over the last day? It looks like you are still winning by a wide margin, so I guess not....
Well I might be bribed by something from a particular BBQ joint out of College Station. I'll let you know how many pounds will be required based on the final outcome of the voting.

greenjeepster

Somebody finally put me on the board.... I can win this! If I win I will let everybody who voted for my HMMWV drive it if you come by.

I will resort to bribery
:jumpin:

Last edited:

sandcobra164

Sandcobra, Great Story, Great Guy

Georgia Mafia !!!!!!!!
W

Sir, I try but I'm not much a storyteller. I find it's easier to tell life as it happens, then I don't have to remember anything as it's already burned into my thoughts. Sarge is not really up for vote, he won that about 4 years ago when my youngest son took such an interest in the hobby. He took a stand on it from the moment it rolled in the yard and stated that ¨Sarge¨ was his truck!!! it almost got taken away but the Good Lord looks over us and it now comes home anytime it leaves back to my house. Never towed but if the day ever comes, he'll leave under his own power!!!

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright folks - Let's get to vot'in for one heckuva M1070!!!!

OK, quick comment... This thread was started almost 3 days ago to the hour. It has taken me this long to chime-in cause I've been drooling over all of the awesome MV's in the contest this month. :drool::drool::drool:

There should be a rule against so many awesome MV's in one thread!!! Papabear, would you please check the rules for me? :papabear::rules: I'm just saying....

Now down to business!!! What kind of a SSer would I be if I didn't cheerlead for the vehicle I nominated!!!

Come-on folks - We need more votes for Castle Bravo's M1070.

A little history (from my perspective)... A while back, I had seen a M1070 or two on the internet. Next thing you know, I stumble across an amazing story about some guy in Arizona that bought one (story here >> http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...t-a-HET-in-life-quot-M1070-Acquisition-thread <<). I got hooked!!! These trucks are amazing.

So here we go.... Top 5 reasons to vote for Castle Bravo's M1070:

> If you live west of the Mississippi - You better vote for the M1070!!!
> If you can spell "MV" - You better vote for the M1070!!!
> If you own a M1070 - You better vote for Castle Bravo's!!!
> If you've dreamed of owning a M1070 - You get the picture!!!!
> If you are still reading this - STOP AND VOTE NOW!!!
How could I not vote for myself after that!?

Attachments

greenjeepster

So what is it about my truck that y'all don't like????
Well it is modified from military configuration and is still doing better than a bone stock HMMWV.... Which imo should win easily hands down :D So count yourself lucky....

Personally I think these votes typically go based on loyalty more than anything else. Guys who know each other personally vote for each other's rigs...

For me I care less about the rig and more about the quality and effort put into the picture.... I voted for the Mutt this month because not only is it a sharp looking rig, but the picture is MV Truck of the month grade. I didn't put any effort in the picture I submitted, I took one I had on file and cropped it and that is it... I don't expect mine to win because it isn't a great picture.

Keith_J

You are not forgotten Keith! And Mark does give you credit. ;)

Cheers
You endured the trip to NC to get it, running condition unknown. I'm just a wrench spinner with neat tricky tools like a Motive pressure brake bleeder, 4000 psi pressure washer and a penchant for getting my hands dirty :wink:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've run out of bribes and people to bribe so probably stuck (even in 6 LOW) where I'm at. Sandcobra and Junkyard are catching up. If you really like the Goat get out there and find some SS'rs that haven't voted yet and gently persuade them as to the direction to go.

And you TX guys, come on. You gonna let ga beat us?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks