• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2017 - March VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MV of the month.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some additional photos, I've got three turrets now in line with the original trucks. I'm still working on placing the PRC-10. It'll have to be mounted as a "back-up" radio, even tho it's the one that works. First show this year is at the Cheyenne VAMC, 20 May, 1000 to 1400.

Attachments

Migginsbros

Thank you for bumping, voting and talk about. Here are some more pics off the Steinbock Forklift.
This MV is not only all terrain it is also a multi purpose helper. With front and rear coupling, dozerblade, cranehook, longforks to slide over the std.forks.

Foto037.jpg Foto039.jpg FUG 040.jpg FUGcampain 015.jpg riseranchero 004.jpg FUG 006.jpg
To be honest, who would like to load 8 pallets off ammo boxes on a 5t by hand? 8)

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just noticed that Jeff didn't feel comfortable voting for himself; If he would have the gun truck would be winning by 2!:driver:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Low voter turnout, if you think about couple of thousand SS members. View attachment 672339 :grd:
A "couple of thousand" members??? On the bottom of the forum page it says we have 73,954 actual members![thumbzup]

BUT....of those 73,954, only 47 have voted.:whistle:

That's about par for our local elections here...you know....unimportant stuff like...Mayor, Sheriff, Council Members, President of the United States....:papabear:

CMPPhil

A "couple of thousand" members??? On the bottom of the forum page it says we have 73,954 actual members![thumbzup]
BUT....of those 73,954, only 47 have voted.:whistle:

That's about par for our local elections here...you know....unimportant stuff like...Mayor, Sheriff, Council Members, President of the United States....:papabear:
Hi

Expect the reason for low voter turn out is bad weather.

I'm relatively new to SteelSoldiers so I've been using my voting as sort of a gauge of my understanding of the forum. So far I haven't voted for a single MV picture that has won. But that's probably why, the actual picture is probably only 50% of what wins it's the individuals presence on the forum. So to me the monthly contest is just an indicator of how good I'm paying attention.

Cheers Phil

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I obtained these pictures from the web. This truck is the inspiration for my War Wagon. The biggest difference is the armor arrangement. The Original truck was considered a "first generation" gun truck. In truth, there weren't any "generations" per se. The Vietnam gun truck was a constant evolving, changing, improving, weapon system. What started as a truck with a sand bag buncker with a single turret evolved in to multi weapon monsters. Anything that could be kludged together was tried; M60 .30 MG, M1919 .30 MG, M2 .50 MG, 40mm grenade launcher taken from crashed helicopters, and the ultimate, the XM134 minigun, capable of firing up to 6,000 rounds per minute.

Attachments

Last edited:

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tried to find a video of War Wagon, but ended up with loads of video's on gun trucks in Vietnam. The thing that sometimes irritates me is the choice of music. Here's a good one, keeping alive and honoring the memories of those who where there. So vote for the War Wagon this time!

https://youtu.be/wat8r3tAvJQ

Jeff, what is the switch box on the wooden side wall for?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:tank: :tank: :tank:

It does not matter for who you vote, as long as you vote!!!

(and if you believe that .......)

Weekend always seems to be a bit slow for the regular things.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Okay, all guns installed, chains are connected to all gun pins (3 per gun mount). Last thing to do before the next display will be threading ammo belts into the replica guns. Replica guns and dummy rounds, seems funny to me. And the new grenade shifter nob is installed. I don't know if there was anything like it back then but if there had been, I'm sure some would have made it to the gun trucks! And the piece de resistance, sand bags. These are smart sandbags tho, they have mulch instead of sand. Mulch goes for $12 a pickup load, sand weighs bun load less.

Now it's time to vote!

Attachments

Last edited:

Migginsbros

Not enought camonets no sandbags and no guns at all.FUGcampain 040.jpg FUGcampain 041.jpg
FUGcampain 034.jpgFUGcampain 031.jpgFUGcampain 032.jpgFUGcampain 033.jpgFUGcampain 036.jpg
But some pics from inside the cabs. Due to the seperate cabins this vehicle is very usefull for long term couples. Theres no conversation possible. If it is VERY important you have to shout thru the tunnel.