• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers MV of the month 2023 - December VOTE HERE!

Please vote for MVOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the MV of the month poll sponsored by Consolidated Press. If you need decals, magnets, stencils, or anything printing related, please give them a call!

Now, onto the vote! Please vote for MV of the month! Feel free to campaign in this thread, but please keep it here and not via PM.

1. chucky

2. kendelrio

3. ToddJK

4. SCM35A2

5. hambone

6. Migginsbros

Migginsbros

In duty the trailer took a gen set. Some metal sheets added.
20230603_205750.jpg

We took them off to fit the bed. Drilling out about 100 alu rivets. :jumpin:

20231211_190128.jpg

Last tuesday morning we drove to post. The soldiers were very helpfull and forklifted the bed on to the trailer. We used our 8 screws and nuts and mounted it to the well fitting brackets and mounting holes. Good plan, but now the Unimog batteries failed. So the engineer battalion send us a truck and they jumpstart our Unimog.

-5427177605473357841_121.jpg

Last edited:

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My trailer nicknamed "Tonka" started life as a standard M1061A1 5 ton trailer. I picked it up from @fuzzytoaster and hauled it home.

20220813_115413.jpg

The plan was to eventually dove tail it so I could haul the M37 behind the 5 ton.

Well, it sat for a while, then I picked up the M715 and it was forgotten for a longer while until suddenly, I needed to haul the M715 behind the 5 ton, so off to the shop it goes...

20230212_124806.jpg

Where me and my buddy worked our butts off figuring out load capabilities, angles of approach and departure etc and got busy...

Resized_20230215_211853.jpeg

20230215_182219.jpg

20230217_145520.jpg

Where after building and bracing the dovetail, we build the ramps and tested it. This involved several "pucker" moments as we had no friction on the trailer and the truck wanted to slide a little.

20230216_235056.jpg

After painting it and coating it with non-skid, it was time to re-mount the lights into a better place.

20230217_211147.jpg

Screenshot_20230217_211312_Gallery.jpg

Then, added reflectors and reflective tape for safety:
20230217_211404.jpg

And now I have a great way to haul my M715 and M37!

20230218_093827.jpg

It was a total of about 36 hours to complete. I titled it using a bonded title, got permanent trailer registration and I'm set!

Last edited:

hambone

My bike came from a local sheriff department, I was told they mostly used it on drug raids, they had made a few upgrades, I didn't like the windshield they had put on it, so that was the first to go, also added a new stencil kit. I would have liked the diesel version but my pockets wasn't that deep, bike had 1500 miles on it when I bought it, I have put about 400 miles on it, runs like a top. I was out cruising some back roads the other day, ran into a couple deer hunters, they thought I was the game warden.:LOL:
m1030b1-1.jpg
decal2.JPG
decal1.JPG
newpic.JPG
mvpashow.JPG

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is my 1991 M923A2/5ton truck. To date she's pretty much stock except for a few upgrades that include a bigger/more heavy-duty air dryer assembly, new headlights & outer rings, new rear mud flaps & brackets, K&N air filter, new front inner-fender mud/engine guards, repainted all the rims black & swapped out the military batteries for two group 31 batteries. This winter-(currently) my buddy Arron who is a fellow military vehicle enthusiast & heavy wheel machine will be doing some major upgrades that include a complete oem front winch assembly, hardtop, new power coated combat rims with larger 16.00R20 tires & 5-inch exhaust. I've also got a complete navigation system with outside cameras & monitor for the interior and some Doomsday Diesel dog bone retainer plates for the rear. I've also got some custom group 31 battery tray mounts, license plate box & bracket that I had power coated as well. My plans are to move the batteries to the side compartment, rhino line the battery box under the passenger seat & use it for storage. At a recent rally I snagged a Pioneer tool kit unit off an M35A2 truck that I'm also going to mount on the truck side storage box. For the engine I'm going to repaint it all flat black & have all the metal hoses redone/powder coated a flat green. On my "to do" list is to also repaint the truck back to the military specs/camouflage...

The day she arrived thanks to Simp for picking her up & bringing her to me...

Here current status, having some major upgrades going on...new hard top, front windshield, front winch kit & 16.00R20 tires all going on...

Some of the parts I've replaced or upgraded since I've gotten her...

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now for the upgrades that I'm most excited about, the larger tires, new rims, navigation system/back up camera, larger/straight pipe exhaust & moving the batteries. Another item on my list is to swap out the driver's seat to an air ride one, but haven't decided on what I want to go with yet...

Yes she is 100% a pavement princess & she has never been off road, never plan to either. I mainly attend truck shows/festivals & put her in parades.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks