• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Storage / Parking

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey guys,

this is my first post on the site so bear with me. This has certainly been a wealth of knowledge. I'm wondering how hard it is to get the roof and exhaust stack off to fit these in a garage? It will fit as long as the steering wheel is the highest point, and I need to get pictures for the insurance company to prove it can go in the garage.

Stack comes off with one clamp, with a 9/16" wrench I believe.

If you have a hrdtop, 2 bolts on the top of the windshield frame and a bunch of bolts where the hardtop meets the top of the cab and it's off. One person can do it but it's tricky. 2 is much better.

If it's a soft top, you slide the top out of the grooves on the windshield frame and behind the door glass, remove top and then the soft top frame lifts out of the cab.

Come to the Ga Rally next week, we'll show you everything there is to know! Info in my signature line below.

gaboy

Ok great thanks! And the windshield just folds down, correct?

Sounds like making the steering wheel the highest point and fitting it in an 84 inch tall garage for some pictures might not be as hard as it sounds?

Also, thanks for the link to the rally! We're going to try our best to make it out there! I actually have some coupons to the park from when I bought a dirtbike from Mountain Motorsports!

Mark

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exhaust stack and soft top come off pretty easy , and the mirrors fold . Plus you can remove the cargo cover and seats . The trucks were designed to fit in a standard shipping container . This site has some GREAT people and LOTS of good INFO on your MV . Also you should try to find a local MV club , because they can be a big help , the old "BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT" . The hobby is great fun , plus when you go to a MVPA function you get to meet some of the cast of characters on this site , LOL bob k

steelandcanvas

Ok great thanks! And the windshield just folds down, correct?
Sounds like making the steering wheel the highest point and fitting it in an 84 inch tall garage for some pictures might not be as hard as it sounds?
Mark
Be sure and download the -10 Operator's Manual for your Deuce. It contains a lot of useful information. Welcome to the site.

Gunzy

My M923, M105A2, and M932A2 parts truck are parked in the impound lot of the towing company I drive for part time. Plenty of room but I really don't think they'll let me put too many out there. They don't charge me storage which is a big bonus, I consider that a perk of being the wrecker operator.

dikwks

"I know my post doesn't help the OP much other than to give advice to move to the country where nobody cares where you park your trucks."

Now, you're catchin' on.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you wont mind if I move in next door and bring along a few pigs that I own. Not everyone sees our hobby as we do

I know it sucks but along with property rights goes responsibilities. If there is a code against it, abide by it or do the leg work to get it changed. Propery value goes alot farther than just trying to sell your house.
Yeah, but MV's don't smell that bad either. I wouldn't want to live next to a bunch of snobs with codes out the whazoo. I know some places that have to get permission from an arborist to cut down dead trees, and I mean the bark is falling off.

KsM715

Yeah, but MV's don't smell that bad either. I wouldn't want to live next to a bunch of snobs with codes out the whazoo. I know some places that have to get permission from an arborist to cut down dead trees, and I mean the bark is falling off.
To you they donot smell bad, but I know some that will physically choke when a diesel drives by. (pigs smell like money to me, but in all honestly I do not own any pigs. Just used that to make a point)

Your second statement proves my point, you dont want to move into a neighborhood with all kinds of rules and regulations. The people that moved into the OP's neighborhood do not want to live in a neighborhood with what they would call a bunch of junk parked in the street. Freedom of choice, you are free to choose where you live. Do the research and make sure it fits within your own personal guidlines. I personally live out in the county on 10 acres for that reason. I dont want to look out the kitchen window into my neighbors house nor do I want anyone telling me my grass is to high. But I see nothing wrong with a group of citizens (or a developer) setting up some guidelines for a specified area that they live in aslong as it is done properly and by the people that already live there, not someone that moves in later and decides he/she doesnt like the color of your house and thinks it should be changed. I'm a firm believer in the "I was here first" rule

Another Ahab

But I see nothing wrong with a group of citizens (or a developer) setting up some guidelines for a specified area that they live in aslong as it is done properly and by the people that already live there, not someone that moves in later and decides he/she doesnt like the color of your house and thinks it should be changed. I'm a firm believer in the "I was here first" rule
That being the case, do you think we should all pack up and give this land back to the "First Americans"? I mean, don't take me seriously here, but just for the sake of argument the point is that we all of us make the world a complicated place (because there are no rules except, mostly, what we decide they will be).

Hey, but ONE exception; Gravity: It's The Law!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I got my first deuce my insurance company wanted a picture of my shop which I sent them. It had a big roll up door but was not wide enough for the deuce. I just sent them a pic of the deuce parked next to my shop and never had an issue.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
To you they donot smell bad, but I know some that will physically choke when a diesel drives by. (pigs smell like money to me, but in all honestly I do not own any pigs. Just used that to make a point)

Your second statement proves my point, you dont want to move into a neighborhood with all kinds of rules and regulations. The people that moved into the OP's neighborhood do not want to live in a neighborhood with what they would call a bunch of junk parked in the street. Freedom of choice, you are free to choose where you live. Do the research and make sure it fits within your own personal guidlines. I personally live out in the county on 10 acres for that reason. I dont want to look out the kitchen window into my neighbors house nor do I want anyone telling me my grass is to high. But I see nothing wrong with a group of citizens (or a developer) setting up some guidelines for a specified area that they live in aslong as it is done properly and by the people that already live there, not someone that moves in later and decides he/she doesnt like the color of your house and thinks it should be changed. I'm a firm believer in the "I was here first" rule
Jeff does have a point. If you do live in a neighborhood that has a homeowners association and a set of bylaws, you signed up when you moved in so you are obligated to abide by the rules. You also have to consider the fact that the rules may change as the association sees fit (most of the time by a vote of it's members) and you may get overruled. The best bet is if you don't want to be burdened by some homeowners association, don't live there. Lots of people like the control of a homeowners association and that's why they have them but if you don't care for all the rules and you move in anyway you are asking for a lifetime of problems.

Now municipal codes are a whole different ballgame and one can truly get railroaded with crazy codes but then again, you can always move or don't live there in the first place. You can sometimes fight and win municipal codes where you can almost never win against a homeowners association (just make things worse if you stir up too much trouble).

I know it's not easy to pull up stakes and move but if you're always at odds with the powers that be, you'll never be happy.

Most people don't know how bad it would pain me to live in a neighborhood on a postage stamp lot. It would almost be a life not worth living but that's just me. Lots of people like that kind of living and that's fine.

DeucesWild11

Curious on more detail on the OP's issue, hasn't posted since the original post. If you can't park in your driveway then I assume you are in a HOA community which I would be cast out of. Now I am in a respectable community just 50 miles north of NYC and keep my property clean and presentable to the rest of the block. That being said, I have heard rumors that neighbors don't like my truck, thinking it gives off Cancerous exhaust.. really? I drive it once a week, take a look at the garbage trucks and school bus exhausts when they come through on a regular basis. People are making me a NON people person..

Adrian A

Thankfully my neighbors really dig my deuce. Plus I keep it clean and maintained. Ok, so i am always working on it. I try not to be too obnoxious with it too.

KsM715

That being the case, do you think we should all pack up and give this land back to the "First Americans"? I mean, don't take me seriously here, but just for the sake of argument the point is that we all of us make the world a complicated place (because there are no rules except, mostly, what we decide they will be).

Hey, but ONE exception; Gravity: It's The Law!
I know what your saying. What I should say is I'm a firm believer in stand your ground. If you lost and got pushed out then you didn't have a very good defense.

ATPTac

On the OP's issue. I'm running into the same thing. We're hopefully going to be buying a Deuce sometime very soon, and I live in a newer development that has yards the size of a M35's bed (I hate it, and in retrospect wish we had not done a new build, much less in the city). I honestly haven't looked into the HOA guidelines on what you can/can't park in the neighborhood, the only thing I recall from when we bought the house is a "No parking in the street" rule... which isn't enforced at all. Either way, I simply don't have the space to park a truck at my house. We are planning on moving sometime in the near future to some actual acreage out of the city, but until then I'm more than likely going to have to rent some place to park it or find someone who has enough space and is willing to let me park it wherever that may be.

Good luck to ya!

Aerialfred

I had to search for an insurance company that did not require my MV M35A2C to be in a garage. Progressive did not ask about it at all. I have been told State Farm also does not require it to be " locked in a garage " but I was in a bind as I had bought the truck 3 hours from home and wanted/needed insurance on it before it moved. State Farm is supposed to be cheaper too.
Congrats and welcome!
Fred

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M923, M105A2, and M932A2 parts truck are parked in the impound lot of the towing company
OMG! What happened?

... I drive for part time. Plenty of room but I really don't think they'll let me put too many out there. They don't charge me storage which is a big bonus, I consider that a perk of being the wrecker operator.
Pheeewww! You got me there for a moment! :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks