• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Stretch's Haspin road train

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Leave nothing behind!

Jeep in bed of deuce, camper, and car trailer will have hillbilly racing tractors on it. 3 guys in the cab for 200+ miles, at 50 mph. YEA!

Added a brake controller to the deuce to run the camper brakes. The car trailer has surge brakes on both axles, that have been completely rebuilt, with new actuator on the tongue.

On the back of the camper I welded a 4x4x 1/4" wall piece of square tubing to the frame, which is 5x2" box frame. Then welded a 2" reciever hitch in it, and 2, 3/4 inch eye bolts.

So everything has brakes, lights, safety chains, and good tires.

Overall length is 64 feet. Just test drove it and the trailers track well, with very little sway.

Dennis

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: Stretch

:ditto:

I'm going to avert my eye's now......

Let us know how that works out for you......

On second thought, don't.......

Be afraid, be very afraid......

citizensoldier

RE: Stretch

Only thing missing is a small child (picture goggles and helmit) ratchet strapped on the back of the trailer with a huge bolder connected with a short chain.. and a long peice of binder twine going from the cab of the deuce and hooked to the kids ear. Your crazy stretch but I am sure will do fine..

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Re: RE: Stretch

citizensoldier said:
Only thing missing is a small child (picture goggles and helmit) ratchet strapped on the back of the trailer with a huge bolder connected with a short chain.. and a long peice of binder twine going from the cab of the deuce and hooked to the kids ear. Your crazy stretch but I am sure will do fine..
You owe my workplace a new keyboard!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You got more balls than me, my friend. Good thing you only have 200 miles to get there, I would be scared sh*tless driving that over the Appalachians 530 miles to Haspin like that....

gimpyrobb

I like this one:

4513.38 Collector's or historical motor vehicle exempted from equipment requirements.
No person shall be prohibited from owning or operating a licensed collector’s vehicle or historical motor vehicle that is equipped with a feature of design, type of material, or article of equipment that was not in violation of any motor vehicle equipment law of this state or of its political subdivisions in effect during the calendar year the vehicle was manufactured, and no licensed collector’s vehicle or historical motor vehicle shall be prohibited from displaying or using any such feature of design, type of material, or article of equipment.

No person shall be prohibited from owning or operating a licensed collector’s vehicle or historical motor vehicle for failing to comply with an equipment provision contained in Chapter 4513. of the Revised Code or in any state rule that was enacted or adopted in a year subsequent to that in which the vehicle was manufactured, and no licensed collector’s vehicle or historical motor vehicle shall be required to comply with an equipment provision enacted into Chapter 4513. of the Revised Code or adopted by state rule subsequent to the calendar year in which it was manufactured. No political subdivision shall require an owner of a licensed collector’s vehicle or historical motor vehicle to comply with equipment provisions contained in laws or rules that were enacted or adopted subsequent to the calendar year in which the vehicle was manufactured, and no political subdivision shall prohibit the operation of a licensed collector’s vehicle or historical motor vehicle for failure to comply with any such equipment laws or rules.

gimpyrobb

I need to register as a volunteer emergancy vehicle!

4519.08 Vehicles used for emergency purposes registered free of charge.
Any snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle owned or leased by the state, by any of its political subdivisions, or by any volunteer organization that uses such vehicles exclusively for emergency purposes shall be registered free of charge. The registration number and registration sticker assigned to each such snowmobile, off-highway motorcycle, or all-purpose vehicle shall be displayed as required by section 4519.04 of the Revised Code.

Effective Date: 07-01-1999

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Don't forget to tie the dog to the back bumper when you leave! :driver: See you there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks