• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stuck in 1st gear

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like it's stuck in two gears, locking the trans up.

Transfer case wouldn't go into neutral?

dmetalmiki

This is devleoping into a whole heap of trouble for you. So the Gearbox is Stuck between gears? And the transfer case is locked up as well? One or the other Might be siezed holding the other jammed?. It will be interesting to hear what was wrong and how you fixed it eventually.

billyzz

This is devleoping into a whole heap of trouble for you. So the Gearbox is Stuck between gears? And the transfer case is locked up as well? One or the other Might be siezed holding the other jammed?. It will be interesting to hear what was wrong and how you fixed it eventually.
well
a 50 year old vehicle with an unknown past
i wouldnt say im happy
but more like resigned

billyzz

update
transfer case was full of ice
there is slight rust on some of the gears but as soon as the new carb comes i will install it and try to drive it home

billyzz

snow/rain ran down through the window gaps
down the dash
and funneled into the hole the shift stick lever goes into
the mechanic showed me well over a gallon of water and the rest was p-nut butter milkshake

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks