• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Supplies for a Long Trip

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's good to hear. My mother had MS for 45 years. In the last 4 she couldn't hardly move or speak and the mixture of pills and other drugs they gave her took her mind. My sister had power of attorney and made the doctors do everything they could to keep her alive. She stopped eating on her own but my sister had a stomach tube installed. My brothers and I where actually praying at the end for God to take her.
Both my parents had DNRs & living will stating they didn't want to be kept alive if they couldn't eat or drink on their own. Alzheimer's took my father (veteran of WWII & Korea who served in the Navy, Army, & Air Force). By brothers & sister respected both my parent's wishes & they passed on their own terms. Without quality of life, it is punishment to keep a loved one here. That is how my family raised me & I believe that in my heart.

Another Ahab

Both my parents had DNRs & living will stating they didn't want to be kept alive if they couldn't eat or drink on their own. Alzheimer's took my father (veteran of WWII & Korea who served in the Navy, Army, & Air Force). By brothers & sister respected both my parent's wishes & they passed on their own terms. Without quality of life, it is punishment to keep a loved one here. That is how my family raised me & I believe that in my heart.
Hi, Wolfgang; wishing a blessing on the memory of your Father. There has to be a good story about his serving in three branches of the service. Let me guess:

- First, he enlisted in the Air Force until he realized that it wasn't really a branch of the military but more like a federalized UPS/ FedEX delivery operation.

- Second, he joined the Army until he realized about all the living you had to do in the dirt while eating out of foil packages with a knife, so he finally got wise and

- Third, joined the Navy because he realized that if he got killed in combat there, it would at least be after showering with hot water the day before, sleeping on an actual mattress the night before, and eating a hot meal with silverware at a table that very morning.

The End.

Is that the story!?

Last edited:

rustystud

Hi, Wolfgang; wishing a blessing on the memory of your Father. There has to be a good story about his serving in three branches of the service. Let me guess:

- First, he enlisted in the Air Force until he realized that it wasn't really a branch of the military but more like a federalized UPS/ FedEX delivery operation.

- Second, he joined the Army until he realized all the living you had to do in the dirt while eating out of foil packages, so he finally got wise and

- Third, joined the Navy because he realized that at least if he got killed in combat there, it would at least be after showering with hot water the day before, sleeping on an actual mattress the night before, and eating a hot meal at a table that very morning.

The End.

Is that the story!?
As a Marine I find that very funny !
Best food I ever had was the NCO mess on a NAVY ship. Ate so much I got sick ! Then went back for more !

Jericho

"Dissertation" For the army guys it means sumpin yall heard at roll call formation. For the navy likely the Captain broadcast it on the ships loud speaker, For the Air Force, Part of your Masters program before you could compete for E=7

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks