• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sussex NJ MV Show

emr

Yes Lance, You just need to check in at the head table first if you are camping with or with out hook ups, RV's or tents, :) Thanks for coming :) Oh and very nice and free showers too, large area , clean and newish buildings.

71m109a3

emr (or anyone else), I will be bringing my M1009 this weekend. Do I need to register to park on the show field or do I just show up at the gate? I won't be staying over night. Thanks.

emr

FYI, we have 2 display registration forms that one fills out AFTER, AFTER, AFTER, ( one more ) AFTER ... parking with vehicles of similar nature, One is orange and it is for vehicles being judged, one is blue for vehicles not being judged, The public gets to see what the vehicle is , We get the driver name and cell number on it for any reason we may need to reach you, we have done this for 12 years and it works, We ask at the time of filling it out to please have your cell phone ON " and with you, We feel safety first is always a good thing to be up on, Some of the items you will read in the reg form is, """Do you have a fire extinguisher ? if so where? please chock your wheels, please only start your truck from the drivers seat, Never move your truck in the display area with out letting us know, we are easy to see and reach and we cover the area well :)... Idle speed only anywhere in the show, Some amazingly good pro drivers come in, some new guys too,, We are there for ALL !! New or old humor us and please let us stand behind you when backing or with you when moving about, There are TONS of people moving about sat. For judging we use the official MVPA form it is extensive, you may have a free copy of one of you ask, FYI, If you are judged ... there is a visual first, for the ones that are placing they get the whole once over on the check list, It would take days to cover the 100 plus vehicles to judge, And our Judges are amazingly knowledgeable on all MVs, A few have 30-plus years in the Army working and teaching class's on them, Anyone that might want to be a judge or tag along, You will learn more than years of just hanging out... :) We have very nice plaques, i picked them up today... There are ALLOT of categories, Again ALL the MVPA ones are there :) Armor, Artillery, etc etc ... All the best dont miss this show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont forget, You can only come friday if you are a vendor or bringing a vehicle for display ONLY !!! You are welcome to pitch in and be part of the team, We are a really friendly group that appreciates all guys like us do. !!!

Vintage iron

Can we sleep in the back of my M923? If so where would I need to park it? Are camp fires allowed and if so I assume they would need to be contained and where could they be?

Can we sleep in the back of my M923? If so where would I need to park it? Are camp fires allowed and if so I assume they would need to be contained and where could they be?
Vintage Iron,
Just set up your air mattress/cott, waterbed, whatever, in the back of the truck. Leave it parked with the rest of the trucks. My recommedation is to bring a long extension cord and strategically park near power. So you plug in a little space heater or electric blanket and you are set. As far as fires, there is no where to light a fire in the field, but last year we used a 50 gallon drum? Good luck.

John

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I will be there, with fuel cans and some other things to get rid of that I dont need anymore. Look for me in the first barn, right hand side as you walk in.

FormerNewMVGuy

For any one who is camping, there is a charge for electric and camping, The charges are different for dry camping and useing the electric.
If you are camping, Make sure you go to the main table in the richards building and make your intensions known. I or one of the group will be going around and checking, to make sure you are in compliance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks