• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sussex NJ MV Show

emr

Its a fair grounds, Fires as cool as they are would make a pretty big mess :) he camping areas are real camping type areas, pull up to the plugs, in the field where you will be parked for display you can sleep in your truck, but the rules apply, the fair grounds gets the fee not us, and besides 100 % of what we make goes to vets and soldiers like from the begining, the fair grounds checks and lets us know, If people camp with out telling us they will get away with it , but the fair ground guys will charge us anyway, just an fyi.in a hurry trucks are already showing up, Today is the BIG set up day, Allot going on, See you all there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SUN SCREEN ALERT!!!!!!!!!! Amazing weather ahead !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

emr

Well just got home from a very long and fun set up day ! there is a large steel soldier showing already, there are already about 30 MVs on the display area :) !!! Tomorrow is going to be one crazy day, Worth every second for those who want to bring a vehicle or are a vendor, Sat and sunday is just going to be amazing !!!

A memory from years past ... We had an full 8 inch rain downpour on a Saturday, rain forecast all week and it hit hard, We still had almost 2000 MV OD FREAKS COME THRU THE DOOR, AND THERE WAS LIKE STILL ALMOST FIFTY VEHICLES ON DISPLAY, I Think that was year 3 OR 4,

Just an fyi, the more shows you make the better it is for everyone, vendors, spectators , MV owners, And the hobby for sure,And just a plug for this show, you are welcome to come thursday on if you are the type who lives this stuff and want to help push some tables and just enjoy the hobby helping out setting her up .... being part of it all... enjoying it for all it is, The first 2 days of set up has turned out to be at least as much fun as the show it self, there are going to be some amazing displays, Guard and Marines on sat, A truck,5 ton pull on sunday along with a jeep pull, We do a ten man/woman pull timed with the 5 ton, and a single man or some times double on a Jeep for times, 11 am sunday for that, eat some wheaties and throw the belt on,

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, guys, I'm out. Work reared its ugly head and I need the $$$ so can't make the trip up this year. Have a great time...

HillbillyWizard

Stop by! We are all set up with tons of CUCV parts, axle parts, lockers, lots too see. It's going to be a great show. I tried to post a few photos but I'm too much Hillbilly and not enough tech savy to get it working from my phone....

max1008

jim, im going tomorrow and dropping off some 9x20s at the show.i will probably have room on the way back. im in blue bell pa or i can leave them with 215dave in Southampton pa.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hope you all have a great weekend.

SteveKuhn

I'm surprised that no photos have come back from the show yet. These are last evening after the vendor's dinner. Today the whole perimeter as well as the center of the field was jammed.

The weather has been beautiful and SS has made a commendable showing from all the 'Guess who came over ..." comments I've heard.

There's still tomorrow...

2013-04-26 18.27.16.jpg2013-04-26 18.27.23.jpg2013-04-26 18.27.27.jpg2013-04-26 18.27.32.jpg2013-04-26 18.27.43.jpg2013-04-26 18.27.46.jpg2013-04-26 18.27.49.jpg2013-04-26 18.27.13.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Sephirothq

I got over 200 pics from the show today. Not sure the best way to share them.
I thought it was a great show. surprised the Russians and the Germans showed up.

Also the Huey Helicopter was neat

Bolkbich

I went for a couple of hours yesterday. I took my M929 and my buddy took my M932a2 with the shortened cargo body. My buddy was amazed at the lack of red tape involved (like the good old days). As always we had a great time, lots of nice trucks , good food and polite people. Definitley at the top of my list of favorite shows.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks