• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Terminus M1009

cucvrus

Any thoughts of the narrow tires? I like the look. It looks totally different and much better. Anything that changed the brushed/rolled green latex paint and the dry rotted tires was an improvement. I must say after taking it wheeling a dozen or more times I still like it. I think I am out of my league at Trucks Gone Wild. I will drive the trails and a few mud holes. Have a great day.

cucvrus

I picked up 2 new Goodyear Wranglers in LT23575R15 that mounted on 1996 S10 4 X 4 rims as spares. Never used from a state bid many years back. I had a set (4) of Toyota 1979 vintage 4 x 4 truck wheels and used 2 of them as spares for Terminus M1009. They looked so nice white I couldn't paint them. Direct fit to the M1009. Mounted and ready for the trip. One mounted to the floor and one on hand at the trailer. No tow bar for this trip. Pictures are coming. Maybe we see you there. Maybe NOT. Have a Great Day. Enjoy the heat and humidity. The weekend is supposed to be great. Hydrate, hydrate and hydrate.

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any thoughts of the narrow tires? I like the look. It looks totally different and much better.
I like them, mostly because they make the vehicle look purposeful.
Tall and wide tires may look macho, but with a low-output diesel and 3.08 gears, little skinny ones look intelligent to me.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like them, mostly because they make the vehicle look purposeful.
Tall and wide tires may look macho, but with a low-output diesel and 3.08 gears, little skinny ones look intelligent to me.
.......smaller tires, more NM ( power ).
Wide, tall " Macho " tires, less power and maybe you get stuck on wet lawn......LOL

cucvrus

I have been fortunate. I know the limitations of the 10 bolts and so far I have not messed any up. 1 time I failed to replace the center lock pin and it came loose at 65MPH. Mic drop moment. But not game over. I still made it home on 3 wheels. true story. It was -20 and the house was without heat and no one was home. I went to get a fitting for the coal boiler and all shell broke loose. my Dachshund hid for hours after that ride. Gotta run. I still have to load and pack.
$10 Spectator Pass, $30 Pit Pass for each day, $50 for a weekend pass; includes pit pass and camping for the weekend. Each price is per person. Mudding ends at Midnight Friday, resumes Saturday afternoon. Food will be available for purchase. Coolers are OK, no outside beer or liquor. Early admission starts Friday at Noon. Everyone out by Sunday 2pm.

cucvrus

DSCF3378.jpgWe went. We saw. We drove. We got stuck a few times. We had fun. We did no damage and hurt nobody and nothing. All and all it was a great weekend. DSCF3335.jpgTerminus M1009 left home with a fresh 686 Tan paint job and came home with all the paint still intact and running fine. Great weekend. Most fun I ever had with my pants on. DSCF3382.jpgCame home looking good , running good and unscaved.DSCF3383.jpgI did manage to get the engine very muddy again. It still runs fine. I will show more later. Long weekend of wheeling / driving and must work in the AM. I had a blast and Mr Crusty was out also. We never shut down. We ran trails and mud for 8 hours straight and stopped rested, ate and hit the mud/trails again. No crybabies here at this place. They were all great guys and the entertainment was top notch to say the least. A true Red Neck Mecca. More later. Have a great day. This is a stock M1009 with 235/75R15 mud and snow tires. Never had to change a tire the entire weekend. Thats a good thing. I would have got my hands and shoes muddy. The reason is I have 2 mounted spares mounted in the cargo area.

cucvrus

DSCF3345.jpgDSCF3346.jpgDSCF3347.jpgDSCF3348.jpgDSCF3349.jpgDSCF3350.jpgDSCF3351.jpgDSCF3352.jpgDSCF3353.jpgDSCF3354.jpg
This was a true test of reliability and strength of machine and man. Both passed. I am still tired from the parting and late hours. Besides sleeping in a tent on the trailer. At my age that is hard on the body. I bad a recliner a lawn chair and my Yeti filled with ice and refreshments. the rest came free. $50. for the entire weekend to wheel camp and party. I drank several cases of H2O. I watched as others entertained with the drunken buffoonery. Had a great time and will do it again. I still want to do a Rausch Creek this summer. Rausch Creek is like Kindergarten compared to Yankee Lake. I spent some time tonight looking over Terminus M1009. Doing a break down of the maintenance. Looks like back on blocks again. Other then that it runs and starts and everything is working great. Ohio has a much sandier soil then Pennsylvania.

cucvrus

DSCF3365.jpgDSCF3366.jpgDSCF3367.jpgDSCF3368.jpgDSCF3369.jpgDSCF3370.jpgDSCF3371.jpgDSCF3372.jpgDSCF3373.jpgDSCF3374.jpg
Mr Crusty did not fare out as well as Terminus M1009. He has a broken Dana 60 housing. I never seen anything like it. A hole in the bottom of the axle housing. Something wanted out and busted it. All is well they are both back in their slips and being cleaned and worked on. I did some trailer repairs tonight. I never seen LED lights go bad before. I had to replace 5 clearance lamps and the license lamp. And it also needs 4 new tires. The last 100 miles it was like a boat anchor was dragging and bouncing. 2 tires had the cords inside come apart. the last 3 miles off the interstate were murder. I thought my head was going to come off. Not used to going so far and they are the original tires. I never wanted to tow bar that far again. In case something breaks and I can't bring it home on the bar. It happened before.

cucvrus

DSCF3375.jpgDSCF3376.jpgDSCF3377.jpgDSCF3381.jpgDSCF3382.jpgDSCF3383.jpgDSCF3384.jpgDSCF3385.jpgDSCF3388.jpgDSCF3387.jpgImagine that it all comes out in the wash. Back to work on the M1008 tomorrow. Have a great day. Enjoy your CUCV and I will keep testing it's limitations. Still 99% stock and going strong day in and night. It will need some grease and maintenance items addressed before the next adventure. Till then it will sit and wait for me. Really How much water does it take to destroy a 6.2. i don't think it gets past the filter. I see mud and dampness outside the seal of the air filter in the filter housing but not in the inner part past the filter. And lots of mud inside the out ring of the air filter housing. I need a different air filter system.

cucvrus

Trucks Gone Wild.jpgA friend sent me this picture. He spotted me and my Son's in the picture. He said the only CUCV's he seen and figured they were ours. Funny how right he was. He did know I was going via Facebook. Great fun.

cucvrus

DSCF3389.jpgDSCF3390.jpgDSCF3391.jpgDSCF3392.jpgI was unpacking some of my gear from Terminus M1009 and was happy with how well the inside had stayed sealed with all the water and mud I had been thru. The water bottle in the back shows how clean it stayed in the cargo area. Other then the fact that I had my Bubba Rope out several times to pull people out of holes. The passengers side is also muddier then my drivers side from people getting in and out of the back seat. I drove Terminus M1009 today and other then a tight E brake cable on the right rear all seems well. I will post pictures when I do the PM's on the entire vehicle. Again. I still want to get a Rausch Creek run in this summer. Take care

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks