• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Gathering , Pigeon Forge TN

vtdeucedriver

I thought I would start this thread for Larry (Driver523). He is one of the organizers for this event.............Tho its not a MV show with parts vendors. If you have a Vietnam Vehicle and you like your history. You do not want to miss this!!!!

jatonka

Can't you wait for one of us to say something? D#$n that is a nice looking 5 ton tractor. OK, now I don't ask a lot of favors out here, but I have a problem and I want to fix it. I have a Guntruck, namely "Aces $ Eights" that needs to get to Pigeon Forge, TN by August 5th and wants to come home on Auust 9th. I will be on our Cross Country Military Vehicle Rt. 20 Convoy at the time. I can't do both but my truck needs to be at the Gathering. My truck runs right but needs to be trailered that far. If anyone will do it, please get a hold of me. John Tennis

Driver523

Here's a couple more trucks that have shown an intrest in attending, along with Psychotic Reaction, one being built at this time, and with one other that has said they may show we would have damn near all of them in one place at the same time---it only gets better HUH?

Driver

Attachments

acetomatoco

Jeffy, I wouldn't be able to I D your tractor unless the rear brakes were smokin'... only times I have seen it...Are you still a VT Yankee or being slowly converted to Ya'all Rebel....and corn likker...?

Driver523

Hope you can make it John--with all the guys that manned these vehicles in Nam that will be there I'm sure they and everyone else would love to see the job you have done with that Aces & Eights truck--as with all of them they are something to behold---good luck to you for the rest of us--

Driver

vtdeucedriver

acetomatoco said:
Jeffy, I wouldn't be able to I D your tractor unless the rear brakes were smokin'... only times I have seen it...Are you still a VT Yankee or being slowly converted to Ya'all Rebel....and corn likker...?
Well living in the south, does not make me a southerner. Many generations of family in vt and one of them serving in the 3rd VT pretty much took care of that.

Lets just say, were here hidin and waitin to mount a attack from the rear!

FrankUSMC

Talked to a friend today who drove the gun truck "Lil Sure Shot" in Viet Nam. He wants to come up for the event. Is there a web site he needs to go to sign up?
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

Driver523

Ok gang--here's the first of all the info on the next Gathering, this will be our sixth one and will be held in Pigeon Forge Tn. Aug 5th through the 9th 2008 at the Twin Mountain Properties Inn/Suites Phase 1, here's the link to the web site for their home page
Lodging in Pigeon Forge-Pigeon Forge Cabins, Hotel Suites Camping Twin Mountain Properties And here's the link to the phase 1 web site http://www.twinmountaininn.com/newimages/phase1gallery/pages/phase1.html

For reservations you can call toll free 866-825-8466, the rates will be $59.95 Sun.-Thurs and $69.69 Fri-Sat. for the two Queen/Standard Rooms (sleeps four people) and $74.95 Sun.-Thurs and $84.95 Fri.-Sat. for the Condos (also sleeps four---one bed and one sleeper sofa) then these are both plus tax. The Cancellation/Modification policy is any cancellations/modifications received seven days or more prior to the check in date will receive a full refund (the $25.00 per room reserved deposit is non-refundable)Cancellations received less then seven days and up to 48 hours prior to check in will receive a 50% balance refund, or you may opt to retain your full deposit for up to one year from date of cancellation with no cancellation charges applied.
The Check-in Office is Located at 4030 Parkway, Pigeon Forge Tn. Directions are from Sevierville travel into Pigeon Forge. All traffic lights are numbered. As you pass thru light #8 merge into the right lane Look for the Twin Mountain Properties sigh, which is three doors past Krispy Kreme Donuts. Check in time is 4:00 PM or after and check out is at 11:00 AM and housekeeping will service rooms after 1:00 PM

For reservations you can call toll free 866-825-8466, the rates will be $59.95 Sun.-Thurs and $69.69 Fri-Sat. for the two Queen/Standard Rooms (sleeps four people) and $74.95 Sun.-Thurs and $84.95 Fri.-Sat. for the Condos (also sleeps four one bed and one sleeper sofa) then these are both plus tax.

Camping---The link to see the campground is http://www.twinmountainrvpark.com/ The price for these sites is between $33.00 and $37.00 depending on which site you choose ( for instance next to the river is the higher price. We have 15 sites blocked. They offer 150 shaded campsites with full hook-ups and cable TV. Paved roads, 2 pools including an adult and kiddie pool. 3 large bath houses and laundry. Here's the link to the map of the campground http://www.twinmountainrvpark.com/WebDocs/CGmap.htm And the phone number is 1-800-848-9097.

Cabins--Here is the link for the cabins http://www.twinmountaincabins.com/ These cabins are not on site with the campground or hotel, they are about three or four miles away at the other end of town, but as you'll see on the link they are real nice---Phone---1-800-537-4330

Now Remember---ALWAYS WHEN REGISTERING TELL THEM YOU ARE WITH THE GATHERING TO GET OUR DISCOUNT WHERE IT APPLIES. Any questions or ideas for our Gathering post or email me at--------------------------------- Driver523@aol.com

See you all there--------Larry (Driver)

Driver523

Here's an update on the Gathering in Pigeon Forge Tn. in Aug.2008---We now have a commitment from six of the gun truck replica owner/operators that they will be attending the Gathering, There is one or two more that we may have attending, this is already the largest gathering of these vehicles to ever get together here in the states, Also I'd like to let all the members here know they are more the welcome to attend the Gathering, use the lodging, and bring vehicles if they so choose, HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE----any other info you can contact me at Driver523rd@aol.com Thanks Larry

vtdeucedriver

I will be there!!!!! But with the price of fuel and my eventual return to vt, I will not be there with my M52A2. But I will be there with one of the few "Command jeeps". Uglyranger...............you attending with yours????

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well Driver523 if it's God's will the Proud American Guntruck will be there. The uglyranger and I discussed it this morning - we both plan on being there - we may even bring an extra little something if things go right.
This will be my first one and I'm looking forward to it!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks