• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The M1031 with 5" lift, 12-bolt H1's and no spacers build!

tvguy

not to hijack but whats the difference between the agr 2wd box and a napa repacement for a m1028?
The stock 4 wheel drive box is a push-pull type in that the "swing" of the arm goes front to back. The 2 wheel drive box swings side to side for crossover steering.

big block 88

I scanned your thread here and it looks very impressive to say the least, if I missed this I apologize.

But I hope you guys are upgradeing (beefing up the frame) at the steering box. The R/V series trucks are notorious from breaking the frame there.

big block 88

the 1 ton trucks are stronger than the k10-k5-k20 frames.

I understand that but I still do NOT trust them, I have broke 2 on personal trucks with moderate offroading I can only imagine what beating on it would do over time with oversized tires.

Could have been luck I suppose but I find that hard to believe.

Surely ORU will have knowledge of this issue or non-issue.

Cucvnut

Ok so when you don't have hydro assist, you turn the wheels and the stress goes to the steering box. with hydro assist you don't have as much force going to the steering box as you do on a non hydro assist truck. The hydro helps turn the wheels with less stress and puts less stress on the frame by using hydro force.