• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The Official '08 SS Ga Rally info thread

oilcan

Anyone gonna be driving by Winslow's on the way to the rally? I might need seven 14.50-20's hauled to the rally if things work out.

FreightTrain

Banned
Who is bringing a wrecker?Think you could unload my S280 at the camp site Friday and Load me back up Sunday so I can go wheeling without that top heavy Brick back there and have the Hooch on the ground for ease of getting in and out.

HeadWizard

Anyone going to the rally from the DC area???

Gimpy has a compressor that I need that he could bring to the rally if someone could bring it back up this way.

Could probably also use a M1009 rear seat if anyone has one as it appears that I just bought a M1009 without one.

Any help appreciated.

Don

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy crud, I just realized I'm supposed to leave for this in 6 days. Ain't done squat to get ready. Crap, crap crap.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awe Joe, that sucks man. Sure you don't want to come out? We can get a fuel pool going for you.

joeM62

thanks for the offer kenny and sounds tempted but i can't, this would have been my first rally going to with a mv. if it wouldn't be to much to ask you guys could post pics of the rally. thanks

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brandon and GF picked up Kipman's towbars this morning and also the trailer that belongs to Robert Miller. All will be brought to the rally next week, the trailer may or may not be picked up by Robert at that time since he has been working out-of-town lately....arrangements may have to be made....I sent him a PM.
Brandon had time to drive the 8x8 a little.
He also confirmed that the knocking from the deuce multifuel most likely is a rod bearing.

Attachments

Capt.Marion

Well... I was out of town this whole weekend, and the SHTF, putting me way behind in my daily duties. So, I am afraid I will not make it to this year's rally.Instead, I will be trying desperately to catch up. Hopefully next year the timing will work out better.

I look forward to lots and lots of pictures. (And videos!)

poppop

OK, I have my two trucks hooked together, have fantastic brakes, but the duece will not follow on dirt. Hopefully there is not any dirt road until I get there. Have turn signals and brake lights on the towed duece by wiring into the trailer plug on the duece. One problem is the headlights are on in the duece even if not on the towing truck. I only connected three wires to the trailer plug, Left turn, right turn, which also gives brake lights, and tail lights. Why do the headlights come on. I also used Sarge's suggestion of disconnecting the turn signal switch wiring harness. Clint, is there going to be any shooting, and if so what kind. I plan to be in just after noon on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing you all there.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
All paved roads until you get to the park. When you get to the park, if you need someone to steer, come and find us.

There will be shooting, we are going Saturday morning I believe (although, as said before, there is no hard schedule, if you want to go shoot, mosey over to the range, pay your $ and get to to it).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks