• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The VTCS m756a2 Pipeline Truck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Outstanding work guys. My favorite deuce of all time and consequently, the one with the most lights from the factory.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Man, it's so pretty. That is a beautiful rig. [thumbzup]

Are you planning to work it regular, Evil PC?
Thanks. It will really only see work occasionally, for towing home an MV bigger than a 1 ton truck or lifting or winching something that a smaller truck can't handle. Even though I've got forklifts to use at the shop I'll use the m756 to lift some things here and there just to get some pictures and to get some time using the winch.

Outstanding work guys. My favorite deuce of all time and consequently, the one with the most lights from the factory.
Thanks Kenny. Is definitely different to see an a2 so well lit up at night. With the added front clearance lights and the front buckets on as running lights we've got 20 lights on at night versus 4 on a stock m35a2.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Hmmm...its smoking.....that's ok.....I know you want that LDS in there :mrgreen:
It would be nice! We're happy with the good running LDT right now, although the cool factor of the whistler turbo has almost worn off as usual.

It's been a busy week with work on the truck. The engine hoses are done, as well as an oil change and new fuel filters. I also swapped out the 5 rubber brake lines for new ones. We weren't expecting to but we had to rebuild the airpack today and we put in a new master cylinder while we were at it. Everything seemed to be working good so we took it on the road for the first time, just for a quick trip around the block this evening. It drives like a deuce!

A couple pics even though the truck still looks the same:
IMG_2981.jpgIMG_2983.jpg
The plastic water can on the running board is period correct of course.:)

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Some pictures from the last few days, towing a couple m135s. Only about 50 miles worth of driving but everything is great. The smoke cleared right up with some drive time.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Museum-quality may be pushing it a bit. There are still a bunch of touch ups to be done, and a lot of clean up and paint work to be done underneath. I'm just happy to have it on the road for now, in "work truck condition". :)

Here are some pictures from this morning, loading a Gama Goat carrier on my trailer for delivery this weekend. I'm really liking this truck!:jumpin:
IMG_3026.jpgIMG_3031.jpgIMG_3037.jpgIMG_3033.jpgIMG_3038.jpg
IMG_3035.jpgIMG_3036.jpg

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure George is looking down giving a huge thumbs up to you guys on an excellent job with the oilfield truck.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Thanks for the comments everyone. I too think George would be happy to see this truck back in VT, and back in use. Now that it is operational work on it has slowed down. Eventually we'll fix up and paint the cargo box and the racks and bows.
Even though most of these have been posted in other threads on SS here are a few more pics of it lifting stuff lately:
IMG_3212.jpgIMG_3122.jpgIMG_3121.jpgIMG_3163.jpgIMG_3139.jpgIMG_3083.jpgIMG_3188.jpg
We also used it last weekend to tow home and then put together another deuce. This one is an m59 dump that was also a VTCS truck, a friend said that back in the late 1990s it used to sit next to the m756a2 in the yard. I'm going to ask around and see if I can find a pic of the two trucks together back then.:popcorn:
IMG_3159.jpgIMG_3152.jpgIMG_3187.jpgIMG_3189.jpgIMG_3191.JPGIMG_3192.JPGimage.jpgimage.jpgIMG_3203.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks