• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The VTCS m756a2 Pipeline Truck

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
That's not a lot of snow for any Vermont winter (I used to hang out in a place called Lake Bomoseen, summers and winters, as a kid).

Did you all have a light winter this season?
Yes, ever since I bought a plow truck in 2015 the above pic is what winter is like up here. It's nice.:-D Temps will be in the low 40s in a couple days so what little snow we have will probably be gone.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Well, the snow almost melted. Loading an m116a2 in the back of a dump truck:
IMG_3521.jpgIMG_3520.jpg
Then this happened:
IMG_3554.jpgIMG_3556.jpgIMG_3552.jpgIMG_3553.jpg
I'll go ahead and blame this on Ahab since he brought up the lack of snow in the previous pics.:)
More is on the way.:mad:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its nice to have "the right stuff" once in a while, especially on a truck like this.

I would make one too, but would always want the issued item instead.

m715mike

Today was the day for using the roller to winch something onto the bed. Picking up a quadcon container in town to bring to the yard:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndIAskQdX0

Thank you for posting the video. That is one awesome truck!

The beginning of the video shows the lift alread in progress with the container slightly elevated. What is the trick/strategy for starting a lift like this?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
The container was in close quarters against a fence on 2 sides and with the camper over a bit on the 3rd side. There isn't anything special needed to do the lift, just hook up the winch and the roller does the work. The container is already lifted a bit at the start of the video because once we had it lifted a little we dragged it forward to have a little room to work.

Last edited:

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Last week we painted the m107a2 water trailer in 24087 to match the pipeline truck. The combo will make a short trip to the VT rally in a couple days.
IMG_0518.jpgIMG_0570.jpgIMG_0571.jpgIMG_0575.jpgIMG_0577.jpgIMG_0584.jpg

red

Thank you for posting the video. That is one awesome truck!

The beginning of the video shows the lift alread in progress with the container slightly elevated. What is the trick/strategy for starting a lift like this?
The winch/tail roller works great. Whatever is being lifted needs to have a strong base platform to it and the longer the platform the easier it is to load/unload. In the oilfield the rig movers would hook up a cable to the front edge of the platform then pull it up to load, and slowly let the winch out for unloading.

IMG_20150304_143455050_HDR.jpg IMG_20150304_143537035_HDR.jpgIMG_20150304_143548811.jpgIMG_20150304_143601916.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks