• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

They lost my truck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd bet they sold your truck to someone else for more money.
File a complaint, make lots of noise!

Scarecrow1

Dude I am some what supprised you did what you did. This is so much a criminal act of bait and switch that it screams I just screwed you . Why in the world would you even load something you didn't buy . The fact you let him get away with it is more criminal than his act . Sorry but you just opened the door for a crap load of these guys to do it over and over again. I understand your situation in having spent time and money to go and pick it up , but man this was a case of fraud . Its clear when he tried to tell you it was the one you bid on that he knew it was a lie . That in its self admitted his intention to commit fraud . You said then that he admitted to you it wasn't the truck you paid for . Sorry but this was the time to call the police or get your money you had ,I guess you paid a deposit , too get back your full amount and leave. I don't mean to sound harsh but what you did allows these people to get away with this . I hope at least you reported him to Ebay for this and the BBB. He should have paid you to take the truck and stay quiet about it, And paid for the fuel to get home. What a jerk !!!!!!!Please post his name and company so anyone in the area can stay away from him ..........

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That really sucks. I watched that auction and contemplated bidding. It was not the first time it was up on ebay.

You should've "settled" for the M911 in the photos. :)

exbrown

The fact that it was a woman makes sense. I looked at what she sells on eBay, and it is all woman stuff. I did not see anything truck related, so all of her good feedback is as a seller of bras and knick knacks. She was probably selling this for her husband/boyfriend.

I am sorry that you had that experience, but I have to agree with the others that you should have called the police and complained to eBay. Now that you accepted another truck, it will weaken you case if you were to choose to fight this.

wb1895

In NC you could persue this as a case of felony "Obtaining property by false pretense"

The seller Obtained property (money) from you, under the false pretense that you would recieve the truck in the pictures.

You never should have taken the "parts truck" in leu of the truck advertised. I believe that you have just about screwed any criminal charges that you chould have gone with. Now, you could take them to civil court and attempt to recover funds payed for a truck that was not recieved.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck you were supposed to get came from GL about a year ago, they sold out of Illinois I think it was for about $4000. They were nice but what is called a "limited depot overhaul", not stripped to the frame, with plenty of nice paint over sins.

I would have been so angry I wouldn't have been able to see straight. They sold your truck to someone else. The truth will emerge.

OldGoat

Keep an eye on this seller on ebay and see if YOUR truck comes up for auction later.
It will. I know of a guy that bought one from this same individual, and had problems. Your seller used a different account on ebay this time. This seller that you encountered bought something like 6 depot rebuilds, and has been selling them, usually for close to 10k & one for 12k. Your bid of $6100 was not enough for him to sell it.

scooter01922

WOW that sucks, while i can see why you did it you should never have accepted the parts truck. Hope it was really, really cheap cause i think thats all you are gonna get.

Goose2448

I would have demanded a refund and cash back for my time and gas. Then I would contact EBay and report them for fraud. I would send the ad with pictures and the crap they tried to pawn off on you. Not a way to do business. Some peoples children.
Then make a repote with the local Police. Post neg feedbaclk on sites that repots things like that.

I WANT YOUR TRUCK.

Blood_of_Tyrants

How does something as big as an M818 go "missing"? I agree with the above. It was a clear case of the seller trying to sell something other than what you actually bought. I'll bet that they never thought that you would pick it up in person. If you had hired someone to pick it up, you would have been screwed royally and I'll bet that you would have NEVER gotten your money or the correct truck.

I would report them to the police as trying to defraud you.

M920

Missing Truck Update.....

Update!

First of all....Thank you Guys for all the support and advise!

I just got in from the shop working on the M818. I got it running and the engine purrs like a kitten.....
Turns out the fuel selector valve had a severe air leak, thus not letting it get any fuel. I by-passed the valve and ran a new line directly from the tank to the fuel filter and bingo!
Most all the other issues were fixed by replacing the control box on the fire wall. Someone also canibalized the transfer case shifter linkage....thank god for an M800 series parts truck in my yard!

I took it for a test drive and it runs great! Maybe it was not a wasted trip after all.....I only paid $ 1500.00 for it....plus the fuel to get it of course.....still not to bad! I guess it's not gona be a parts truck after all.....Lol

Also....I talked to the seller again and told her that she better find MY TRUCK!!!

She said that she will check a few other places where the "elusive" truck might be hiding.....I guess we will see.....

I will definately keep everyone posted on the progress......

davidkroberts

that sucks.... i hate dishonest people.

I like Hemet though i used to rockclimb up the mountain from there in Idylwyld, Ca.

It does sound like a basic bait and switch to me

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also....I talked to the seller again and told her that she better find MY TRUCK!!!

She said that she will check a few other places where the "elusive" truck might be hiding.....I guess we will see.....
I bet you will find it. More than likely for sale again on ebay.

They are either so stupid that they can loose a truck or are so stupid that they think you'll believe they lost the truck. :cookoo:

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
GL lost my M35A3 once..It took 2, 100 mile wasted trips and 3 weeks for them to find it!..When they did, they put it back on auction and i had to pay 3K more for it! But they did refund my 10K 4 weeks after i bought my truck again!..*URG* TRUE STORY!.
PLUS I got 50 cents a mile for my trouble!..Wow..I love GL..

area52

Update!

First of all....Thank you Guys for all the support and advise!

I just got in from the shop working on the M818. I got it running and the engine purrs like a kitten.....
Turns out the fuel selector valve had a severe air leak, thus not letting it get any fuel. I by-passed the valve and ran a new line directly from the tank to the fuel filter and bingo!
Most all the other issues were fixed by replacing the control box on the fire wall. Someone also canibalized the transfer case shifter linkage....thank god for an M800 series parts truck in my yard!

I took it for a test drive and it runs great! Maybe it was not a wasted trip after all.....I only paid $ 1500.00 for it....plus the fuel to get it of course.....still not to bad! I guess it's not gona be a parts truck after all.....Lol

I will definately keep everyone posted on the progress......
Glad you got it running!

If you happen to head back to California, let me know. I might need some stuff from over that way and I can help you out with some gas money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks