• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

They lost my truck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash_AF

You know... the first thing I thought when I saw the post title and saw M920 was the author was that someone had lost that big @$$ M920A1 and was wondering just how that happened... rofl

Anyway, that really sucks and I hope they 'find' it with a quickness... My guess is you'll find it on Ebay in a month or so. I'd post them negative feedback and file a complaint with Ebay. Probably also file a police report for fraud if they don't call you soon to say they 'found' it. Might have to do that in the area where they live though as most agencies don't want to get involved in an interstate dispute.

Later,
Joe

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
5 pages of good reading and education in cautious eBay buying.

Glad your $1500 truck is working out.

If you have the VIN of the truck you had originally gone after, you might be able to investigate and determine if it was diverted to another buyer -- that could make your legal case for Bait & Switch prosecution. (Just my 2cents - I'm not a liar - oops - LAWYER)

Best of luck to ya!

OldGoat

It was not diverted to another buyer. This seller used the same pictures on another guy, and sent another truck to a guy in Texas on a different listing. IE he has done this before.

exbrown

Since several people know about the truck that was sold on eBay multiple times, it may be possible to find the other victims and make a case together that this seller is habitually using this scam.

91W350

I got absolutely hosed on the purchase of a 1970 SS 454 Chevelle out of Pennsylvania. I bought it through one of those shopper magazines and paid a substantial down payment to hold the car as there was "other buyers".... The 454 was supposed to be the original engine and freshly rebuilt.

When I got there my 454 was a 402, the car had SS stripes and was green and white, but not the light metallic green in the ad. The dash was tach free with no other instruments but fuel, loaded with idiot lights.

The left quarter panel had a huge dent in it where he failed to mention that a table had fallen over on it. The car had SS emblems, but not the correct ones. It was an automatic on the floor with a console, but the column shifter was still there as well.

I loaded it up as he said he spent the money on dental work, refused to pay anymore and headed home with a thankfully clean title.

When I backed it off the trailer, the right front wheel went cock-eyed. The spindle was stripped and all that held the spindle nut on was a cotter key. The exhaust was glass pack header mufflers with no tail pipes attached directly to a nice set of Hooker Headers.

The rear axle was an open ten bolt with a 3.07 axle. He had the original interior and stapled to the back of the driver's door panel was the truth, a 307 coupe with a bench seat, power steering, air conditioning, and power drum brakes...

Yep, a fine prize, one of the few 1970 SS 454s around with front drums.

I fixed the car enough to drive it and ran it for about a year. The engine was actually a Chevelle 402 for a 1971 car. I put it in a 1970 Chevrolet C-10. I sold a lot of the junk I did not care for, like the Mallory Ignition, tires, wheels, headers (they were great, but did not fit my pickup) etc...

The engine was either very low mileage or had been rebuilt, it ran perfect, once I got the distributor hooked to the rpoper vacuum source and got rid of those trashy yellow Accel wires and small block spark plugs. I ran the valves and got them opening and closing like they should. I put about 150,000 miles on that pickup with the 402 in it.

A local guy had a 1971 Chevelle SS 402 with a rod hanging out of the side of the block. I sold him my engine and he rebuilt it, again, even though everything was in pretty good shape.

I put a small block in the pickup and gave it to my oldest son, he is still running the 400 transmission. It is probably a 1971 Chevelle transmission as well.

I sold the car to a guy that rebuilds them and sells them. He gave me 2000 for the coupe body and when he got done, it really looked like a 1970 SS Chevelle. He sold it as a clone for 22,000. It was really beautiful, black with white stripes and super, super straight.

Anyway, I figure I broke even, or close to it, but it was a lot of work. I never pursued the guy legally, I should have though.

Anyway, a long post to tell you I would have done the same that you did. One has to wonder if it is worth the legal fees to pursue and if somebody like that has anything to get after the legal fees. It sounds like you are going to recover much faster than I did. Glen

I included a photo of the old POS Chevelle and the 1970 C-10 when it had the 402 in it.

Attachments

M920

Sounds familiar....?

I got absolutely hosed on the purchase of a 1970 SS 454 Chevelle out of Pennsylvania. I bought it through one of those shopper magazines and paid a substantial down payment to hold the car as there was "other buyers".... The 454 was supposed to be the original engine and freshly rebuilt.

When I got there my 454 was a 402, the car had SS stripes and was green and white, but not the light metallic green in the ad. The dash was tach free with no other instruments but fuel, loaded with idiot lights.

The left quarter panel had a huge dent in it where he failed to mention that a table had fallen over on it. The car had SS emblems, but not the correct ones. It was an automatic on the floor with a console, but the column shifter was still there as well.

I loaded it up as he said he spent the money on dental work, refused to pay anymore and headed home with a thankfully clean title.

When I backed it off the trailer, the right front wheel went cock-eyed. The spindle was stripped and all that held the spindle nut on was a cotter key. The exhaust was glass pack header mufflers with no tail pipes attached directly to a nice set of Hooker Headers.

The rear axle was an open ten bolt with a 3.07 axle. He had the original interior and stapled to the back of the driver's door panel was the truth, a 307 coupe with a bench seat, power steering, air conditioning, and power drum brakes...

Yep, a fine prize, one of the few 1970 SS 454s around with front drums.

I fixed the car enough to drive it and ran it for about a year. The engine was actually a Chevelle 402 for a 1971 car. I put it in a 1970 Chevrolet C-10. I sold a lot of the junk I did not care for, like the Mallory Ignition, tires, wheels, headers (they were great, but did not fit my pickup) etc...

The engine was either very low mileage or had been rebuilt, it ran perfect, once I got the distributor hooked to the rpoper vacuum source and got rid of those trashy yellow Accel wires and small block spark plugs. I ran the valves and got them opening and closing like they should. I put about 150,000 miles on that pickup with the 402 in it.

A local guy had a 1971 Chevelle SS 402 with a rod hanging out of the side of the block. I sold him my engine and he rebuilt it, again, even though everything was in pretty good shape.

I put a small block in the pickup and gave it to my oldest son, he is still running the 400 transmission. It is probably a 1971 Chevelle transmission as well.

I sold the car to a guy that rebuilds them and sells them. He gave me 2000 for the coupe body and when he got done, it really looked like a 1970 SS Chevelle. He sold it as a clone for 22,000. It was really beautiful, black with white stripes and super, super straight.

Anyway, I figure I broke even, or close to it, but it was a lot of work. I never pursued the guy legally, I should have though.

Anyway, a long post to tell you I would have done the same that you did. One has to wonder if it is worth the legal fees to pursue and if somebody like that has anything to get after the legal fees. It sounds like you are going to recover much faster than I did. Glen

I included a photo of the old POS Chevelle and the 1970 C-10 when it had the 402 in it.
Thanks Glen,

that makes me a little more comfortable with my decision.

It is true thought...... if other buyers got hosed by these people......maybe it would be worth goin in favor of the legal route! If nothing else..... just to prevent this from happening again to others....

So the story was that these trucks.....and she told me they had 12 or 14 of them, were supposed to be for a movie rental business......

Anyway.....sumhow the deal went sour and she has been trying to sell them ever since....(over several years!)

There had been several M911 in this batch also.

If this story sounds in any way familiar......PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!

91W350

I agree, it is a raw deal. Had my seller been from Kansas, we would have been in court. To try and make court appearances in PA though? That is a long haul for the defense to say, judge we need a two week continuance for X reason. It does not take long to see that a trip to PA and time off of work every two weeks is not in my budget. I am glad you were able to get in a position to recover your losses fairly quickly.

On the bright side, I had a nice four day trip through some really scenic country with my father. One I wish we could do again now. Glen

63foxtrot

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The story is way too long, they are using moneynmore to sell trucks. She is playing dumb, her hubby knows all about MVs. It's too bad someone in the hobby is doing the bait and switch.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:tin hat: i blame the aliens.. they took the original truck for sure...

no really though, very sorry to hear about such a situation.. :cry:

The young lady has it figured out:funny: It's the ALIENS - They have collected enough radioactive fuel from those Deuce Gauges and can now ship the best trucks back to their home planet:!:
We must all beware... they may start abducting drivers :arrow::driver: and mechanics :arrow: :jumpin: soon too:!:

tm america

if you would have paid with paypal you could have got your money back .and i would have taken picks of the truck they tried to give you and saved the ones of it on ebay then i would have sued them for deceptive business practices-falses advertising and would have them in jail and got something for my trip to.this happens all the time on flea bay the way the still have a good rating is the people like you that take what they are offering.they do just enough to keep you from reporting them .i bet if you would have called your lawyer and pulled out your laptop to start your complaint with ebay they probably would have found the truck right down the road somehow:roll:

M920

if you would have paid with paypal you could have got your money back .and i would have taken picks of the truck they tried to give you and saved the ones of it on ebay then i would have sued them for deceptive business practices-falses advertising and would have them in jail and got something for my trip to.this happens all the time on flea bay the way the still have a good rating is the people like you that take what they are offering.they do just enough to keep you from reporting them .i bet if you would have called your lawyer and pulled out your laptop to start your complaint with ebay they probably would have found the truck right down the road somehow:roll:

Very true!

Of course I did not take the crapy truck instead! I told the seller, that taking this other truck was just to pay for my fuel and time.

I also told the seller that if she did not come up with the truck that i bought on ebay by the end of this week, I would raise holly **** about it on ebay and I would presue her legaly....

So we will see if it turns up.....

Soni

tm america

good for you they should have known they werent messin with a punk when you pulled up in that fine ride you have .good luck i'm sure it will all work out

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks