• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

They lost my truck!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dittle

good for you they should have known they werent messin with a punk when you pulled up in that fine ride you have .good luck i'm sure it will all work out

He probably scared the crap out of her when he pulled it with his rig. Most people send a trucking company with rigs smaller than that thing. Here comes M920 with his PO monster rig instead [thumbzup]

KsM715

Very true!

Of course I did not take the crapy truck instead! I told the seller, that taking this other truck was just to pay for my fuel and time.

I also told the seller that if she did not come up with the truck that i bought on ebay by the end of this week, I would raise holly **** about it on ebay and I would presue her legaly....

So we will see if it turns up.....

Soni

Now this tread is worthy of the popcorn smiley!!!

I hope you get your truck and the POS sellers get thrown in jail when this is all said and done.

Sounds just like a scammer MV salesmen out of Murfreesboro, TN that I bought two M818's from that were listed on Ebay. The trucks purchased were not what was received when the semi pulled into our lot delivering the truck. I called him before I took the trucks off the trailer asking him what was going on and all he could say was you got what you paid for! I'm looking forward to my next trip to TN.....

I recall seeing this truck on Ebay and I thought it seemed odd that when I emailed the seller for the mileage it was showing higher mileage for what looked to be a later model depot rebuild. I believe they have had M911's on Ebay also.

For as many good guys that our in our hobby it's a shame there has to be scammers. You might not get caught in this lifetime but the next will be alot more difficult for people who lie, cheat and take advantage of others.

Good luck with the one M818 you bid on.

Andy

djimmy31

It amazes me the way people are. I don't think my balls are big enough to try and pull some crap like that. Good luck in getting everything straightened out.

Billy Bobbed

This is one reason why I wont buy a vehicle on E-bay.Only parts.You cant hear it run.Theirs alot the pictures dont show you.You need to test drive it .You cant do that on E-bay.

M920

Andy,

It's all your fault! I saw your truck on SS and liked the way it looked, so I tried to get one! Lol

I guess I did ok....the truck i got instead runs great and was much much cheaper..... Still very agrevating to say the least!!!

Soni

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It will. I know of a guy that bought one from this same individual, and had problems. Your seller used a different account on ebay this time. This seller that you encountered bought something like 6 depot rebuilds, and has been selling them, usually for close to 10k & one for 12k. Your bid of $6100 was not enough for him to sell it.
I picked it up in Hemet CA.....It's just south of Beaumont.
So the story was that these trucks.....and she told me they had 12 or 14 of them, were supposed to be for a movie rental business......

Anyway.....sumhow the deal went sour and she has been trying to sell them ever since....(over several years!)

There had been several M911 in this batch also.

If this story sounds in any way familiar......PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!!
This is a very familiar story. I talked to both this woman and her husband last February, they had a pristine depot rebuild 818 listed on both Ebay and CL, and they were in Hemet, California. She said they were selling everything and moving back to West Virginia. They had several trucks, and the one you 'bought' looks just like the one they were holding firm on $12,500 for.

They sounded real nice, but then most con artists do.

Love your 920. What kind of plates do you have to run on it?

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
BTW, for those who want an M920, and unlike me can afford one right now, there are three of them [edit: nothing to see here folks, move along].

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
BTW, for those who want an M920, and unlike me can afford one right now, there are three of them up for auction on GL. One looks to be in decent shape. Also a really nice looking 900 series wrecker.
OH NO i can see it coming now, somebody is about to get a A$$ chewing

66bug

Banned
Is this the same guy that about a year ago had a M932 for sale? It was listed on Ebay also. Green camo all rebuilt Bla Bla. Was interested in it and was going to fly out and take a look. But it seemed when i told him i was going to look at it the truck was sold real quick. I did talk to a guy not a woman. But when you said the place in Cali there can only be one guy out there selling trucks like this. Would never give me a land line only a cell number or really tell me where the truck was. He had a strange last name and did talk with a accent. When you did look for the ad he had on Ebay on google it was in English and French. Same guy? I have seen the Ads all his trucks are always Depot rebuild low miles etc. It has to be him.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
i agree about the gl add, there are some here who feel that people should find a auction on there own because if everybody knew about a truck,and wanted it, then the price might go way up for the person who wins it. hence the SS rule about NOT identifying current up for bid items , only if the item is very rare or unique ,or its yours, then only then you are allow to talk about a current up for bid item, i don't totally agree with this rule, but its not my site, so the rules are rules

KsM715

Did anyone see the G L add on this page, they sale trucks :roll:

Just wait till the day you put a low bid on a "cherry" piece of equipment and it goes to the last few hour then someone posts a thread that says "Hey every one look at what I found". Tell me how you feel then. This site has a rule, it has been broken alot lately and Ive seen Chris, the owner of this site, speak up and expicitly (sp?) state it is not a rule that can be broken. Recently a longstanding member and a good friend to many here was booted off the site for breaking the rules.

lavarok

Just wait till the day you put a low bid on a "cherry" piece of equipment and it goes to the last few hour then someone posts a thread that says "Hey every one look at what I found". Tell me how you feel then. This site has a rule, it has been broken alot lately and Ive seen Chris, the owner of this site, speak up and expicitly (sp?) state it is not a rule that can be broken. Recently a longstanding member and a good friend to many here was booted off the site for breaking the rules.

I feel your frustration; however, I believe the rule pertains to posting links to or discussing specific auction lots. Simply saying there are specific types of trucks for sale without discussing the specifics hardly seems to be a rule violation. I could be wrong...wouldn't be the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks