• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking about a NC mountains rally

wilfreeman

Yeah, we ride ATVs at Brown Mtn a couple of years ago. I HATE ROCKS! Like you said, the main road up and back would be all that the vehicles would be able to do there.

Whiterabbit

I think the Durhamtown place and it's trails would need to be checked out. They list easy, moderate and extreme trails and a 2 mile road not for RV's to just get to the camping areas so the big rigs might be out of luck. Again, the place would need to be checked to see if it's viable for the big trucks.

MDSA

Who is near Telico? And willing to check it out? It's a 3.5 hr drive in a car for me. Closer to 5 in a Deuce on hilly rds.

Beretta92fs

I have not been in probably 8-10 years, but how bout Uwharrie ? Anybody know if they would let the deuces and bigger in. I used to take my M1028 there and had a blast. I know the terrain was not as rough and brutal as Telico. From what I remember of Telico that's some pretty tough going for the larger trucks. But again it's been a few years since I've been up there.

Beretta92fs

Hey Scottd9990. If you do make it to Uwharrie, do you mind asking them if they would open the trails during the winter for a special event like a SS rally. We have a couple parks here that will open up for things like police training, scout camp outs, etc. Maybe they would help us out a little.

Just a thought.

Scottd9990

I will ask Uwharrie later this week about special events. I have only been on a few trails there, not sure about suiteability for our large trucks. It would be a fun place to camp out the have a beer!!!! :) I don't need much excuse....

Travis89xj

I use to wheel tellico trails all the time and they were pretty rough trails. Saw many hmmwvs not make it down the trails and if they did the sides were always dents and scratched up bad. I havent been to the new park but a buddy of mine just went up there and said they were pretty awesome trails.

Id be in for a rally there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks