• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thinking about a NC mountains rally

voltedge

We rode the FS roads near Clayton Ga and Lake Burton near Persimmon with a Jeep Club when I had my 4 door Rubicon and it took us through the river and up to what they called Helicopter Pad where you can have super long range views. Also took a side trip on the way back that brought us out just north of Helen Ga. MicroJeep probably knows these areas. I've also took a ride behind Amicalola, but it was tight if I remember. Anyway, there could be a base camp at either the Ga Mountain Fairgrounds campground on Lake Chatuge in Hiawassee or Bald Mtn Park campground which is more private could work. Just a thought from a newbie that has spent a lot of time up there since being a kid. There is also an awesome place to eat called the Deer Lodge that must be on the agenda.