• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Those in Texas with former MV tags...

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the great state of TAX achusettes. can't do antique because of the weight and ten tires issue. has to be comm.plates. and i want to drive it anywhere and anytime, and do whatever i want with it.. i plow with it to help pay the ins. my honeys' rule, it has to earn it's keep. hey, if you want to play you gotta pay.
Didn't they have a TEA PARTY in your BOSTON sometime back in our nation's history because of TAXES????:?:

Might be time to print up some TEA PARTY INVITATIONS:!:

Last edited:

Maverick1701

ugh im about to tackle this job monday after my deuce recovery...

i already stopped by the tax office last week and she start telling me that i needed to go through a weigh scale, and needed to get an inspection...i just got through emailing her all of the legislation concerning the FMV registration so hopefully she wont be a bi-otch about it all *fingers crossed*

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It makes a lot more sense to register it properly according to the use than to do otherwise and hope to avoid imperial entanglements. While it is each person's duty to pay as little tax as possible, Steelsoldiers does not condone the evasion of lawfully applicable taxes.

Maverick1701

It makes a lot more sense to register it properly according to the use than to do otherwise and hope to avoid imperial entanglements. While it is each person's duty to pay as little tax as possible, Steelsoldiers does not condone the evasion of lawfully applicable taxes.

agreed!

but if your truck is only being used for the events listed in the laws, there wont be an issue.

Im just hoping the registration process goes smoothly....

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maverick:
I took ALL of my paperwork to the Tom Green County vehicle registration office when I went to register "The ARK".

When I say "ALL", I mean a 3-inch 3-ring binder full of all the state and local codes and ordinances, and I was fully prepared to "dance" with them for hours if necessary. My most important "weapon" was a cheerful attitude and a big smile - straight out of "How To Win Friends and Influence People".

My only "glitch" was that they didn't understand the concept of "Bumper Numbers" (I even had a copy of the Army Reg covering how they are composed). The Tax Assessor's "mentor" in Austin was "insisting" that the numbers painted on the truck MUST include the vehicle serial number. After considerable (albeit HUMOROUS) discussion, I agreed to add the serial number to the tailgate since the truck is still in the restoration process. Once "restored" the Serial Number must go. Eventually, I will obtain a letter from TxDMV affirming the acceptability of BUMPER NUMBERS ONLY and re-register her as "ARK-1"

I do not have any state issued metal tags on her. And at present, the Bumper Numbers (and serial number) are painted only on the back of the Deuce.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER:
She IS registered as a FORMER MILITARY VEHICLE and is used ONLY as permitted by the provisions of that registration. NEVER for hire, Never a COMMERCIAL load, any load carried is strictly for DEMONSTRATION OF CAPABILITY purposes and therefore she is ALWAYS on EXHIBIT where and whenever she is out in public. To substantiate the EXHIBIT status, when parked in public, I affix two magnetic signs to the doors that state what she is, who owns her, and that she is in the process of restoration.

Good luck on your registration mission.

colbanister

Barrman

More accurate would be that you are between repairs. I get waved at by law enforcement types all the time in my bumper number registered trucks. I have only been pulled over once in almost 4 years of driving all over the state with just the bumper numbers. I used to get stopped at least once a month when I had metal plates on the trucks. The time I got pulled over was because the police officer thought I had stolen the truck from the military. I carry the registration in the truck, a copy of the FMV application which explains the law better than the little TXDOT thing and a copy of the inspection exemption rule. Once I calmly explained to him what the truck was and how it was registered, we stood on the side of the road and talked vehicles for about 45 minutes.

Make sure you participate in any parades your local town has. The sheriff and police chief are almost always at those events. Talk to them, be seen in the truck and basically be a good person.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Make sure you participate in any parades your local town has. The sheriff and police chief are almost always at those events. Talk to them, be seen in the truck and basically be a good person.
Good advice....
Maverick has an "inside track" on all this though.... Check out his avatar and if that doesn't send a messge, maybe he'll show you his badge and handcuffs...rofl:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks