• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Threads

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just an update to users, the ability to edit posts will expire 6 months after posting a new post/thread. This is a global setting. If you need an edit performed after this time, please contact a staff member.

The ability to delete threads has also been removed from the user groups. This is to address some issues we've had with members. This does not apply to the Testing, Transport, Rally and Regions, Chaplin, Vendor request, Polls or Classified forums.

Edit: updated.

Bighurt

Well this sucks, I often delete my threads as most the crap I have to say is worthless...

And editing, I sometimes come back days later to edit posts, this will really hamper those with build threads that post a blank post 10-12 times and edit the thread as they make progress.

Can we ask why the change in direction?

One of things I like best about SS are the two items you have now eliminated from our repertoire.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought a mod could see deleted posts and can undelete them if need be?

And, we can see you through your computer monitor too!

So, put some pants on before you post again. :whistle:

Hooty481

haha :funny:

but i agree with editing post. we should be able to edit them more than 1 day after. of course it wont be the end of the world because what would we have done if this would have never been possible.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Instead of editing, just update(with a new post).

Bighurt

Instead of editing, just update(with a new post).
you mean new reply, vs new thread right.

Bad enough we get the same topic from people not searching.

Still doesn't solve the problem that if something changes, like say the effect of Ice on Behr paint, would it really be helpful to a new guy reading the thread that on post 462 you realized that there maybe an issue. Rather than edit the original post with an exception.

Bad example I suppose, but hope you get the point.

Admin wants to change the policy that's his provocative.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well this sucks, I often delete my threads as most the crap I have to say is worthless...

And editing, I sometimes come back days later to edit posts, this will really hamper those with build threads that post a blank post 10-12 times and edit the thread as they make progress.

Can we ask why the change in direction?

One of things I like best about SS are the two items you have now eliminated from our repertoire.
I'm just following orders, but the changes were made to retain informative posts and help facilitate chain of events when deals go south with members. We've had issues with a few members deleting posts and editing them after the fact in some cases. By doing that, they "clean their tracks".

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BH, I see your point, but if a guy isn't diligent enough to read the whole thread to get all the info available, so be it.

Let's try it for a while and see how it goes.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just following orders, but the changes were made to retain informative posts and help facilitate chain of events when deals go south with members. We've had issues with a few members deleting posts and editing them after the fact in some cases. By doing that, they "clean their tracks".

Oh ok, to help with forensics after the fact.

Why didn't you just say so.

:)

Bighurt

Noted

BH, I see your point, but if a guy isn't diligent enough to read the whole thread to get all the info available, so be it.

Let's try it for a while and see how it goes.
Noted

Like I said I really could careless, I won't lose any sleep over it. Just citing potential examples, as mentioned most of my posts are pretty worthless.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Bighurt, I totally side with you on those who "placehold" their threads. But I have no problem cleaning up for anyone. Just PM me. [thumbzup]

3dAngus

So much for the solicitation for "Self Policing"
I often rethink my position based on comments received. I try to keep an open mind. If I find myself to be wrong, or off the track, I prefer to delete the thread I started as it, IMHO, offers more confusion, less content than the desired intention.

Now it is our option to create, but not delete our sometimes unintended purpose.

I don't like the lack of user options, it's unconventional wisdom and practice, but I can live with it if I must.

197thhhc

I dont care for alot of rules and regulations HOWEVER your statement above makes me understand why it has to be.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks