• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Threads

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The six month window might just motivate some folks to pick up the pace with their builds. Instead watching the game and drinking a beer after work they would want to turn some wrenches so their blank reserved posts don't go to waste. I think we've taken it to a whole new level here.

:driver:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Extra measure needed

I would like to see an extra measure added where Doghead's fingers get shocked when he tries to delete/alter my posts or tries to bounce me from chat!:roll:

Other than that...I'm very happy with everything:-D

lavarok

We're setting it to 6 months. That should be plenty of time for most thread/posts.
I'm glad a happy medium was reached. I think 6 months is plenty of time to calm the concerns of any user.

Maybe it should be a "perk" of paid membership....with non paying users getting 1 day, a week, whatever....just a thought.

Also, if anyone is concerned over intellectual property ownership, it is my opinion that to preserve that ownership, please consider not posting it. The last thing Steel Soldiers needs is to get into litigation over ownership rights should a members get their britches in a bunch.
When I broached the subject of content ownership, I did so only to suggest amending the rules and/or terms of service. Content ownership in forums and blogs is a tricky subject and a quick google search of those terms gives some suggestions.

Such as adding "‘copyright to forum posts and other information become the property of the forum" to the TOS or forum rules.

Chris is exactly right that anything you post anywhere on the internet will most likely be there forever in some regard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks