• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Thz71's M1008

thz71

I'll throw up some wheeling pics. Loaded up.
at the camp ground
go pro mounted
first trip out I dropped the driveshaft twice and broke broke a shock mount
this is where the driveshaft decided to leave
my buddy welding the shock mount back on

thz71

So then I decided I was going to move the axle back a notch. So i wasnt puttkng my driveshaft back in after every hard hillclimb. So I took most of the pressure off of it with a my hi lift
then used my come along and pulls it straight back pried the leaves down and put the bolts back in.
this was the truck Friday night at beer time
the next day we went back out in the morning and we're out all day. Hardest day of wheeling I've ever been apart of. I was the only one in our group with an open front and I was very happy with how the truck did considering that and the worst 36" tires ever made. Worst problem I had was some rather extreme overheating we're talking 300+ degrees steam fogging up my cab, boiling over, heater core leaking, radiator emptying overheating. I NEED E FANS!. Didn't have time to take alot of pics with my phone so I'm hoping my go pro footage comes out. Here's one time I got stuck, as you can see where we are isn't even a trail get. That log got stuck in between my fender and tire and it took 2 trucks wincing to get me moving again. The hill is really steep the pics don't show it but there was no backing up
lost my Ps cap so I tried to use a garbage bag to keep dirt out. It didn't work that 300 degree heat turned it into liquid
So it got a water bottle cap for now

Couple aftermath pics from day 2

thz71

you can see where the tree bent my fender under
(shattered the window luckily it was rolled down)
my front scoop shovel

Some random pics of the trail etc.
this next one idk if you can tell by the pic but the hill behind my truck is at like a 75° angle slid all the way down fast with all 4 locked up

thz71

Otw home

Makeshift window to keep the rain out

Dirty
clean (er)
most of the dents pulled out of the pass side
drivers side was too messed up to get a new window in
So door off
new Door on

Awol

Cool build! You're working that truck hard, but its better than parting it out!

The lifted Escalade made me lol. Did he do any wheeling with it?

thz71

Cool build! You're working that truck hard, but its better than parting it out!

The lifted Escalade made me lol. Did he do any wheeling with it?
Yah I'm sure mine is just about the lowest mile truck out there! Haha..

I never saw him much farther than the trail head so I'm not sure haha

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks