• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Top End Maintenance/Ol'Rusty 10 Ton

joeM62

Kinda like a sleeper in an old grandpa car looks like a regular vehicle but look under
hood and your eyes will get big nice job on the motor you do awsome work on these
10tons.

Dirt71

Made some time and got back on Ol'Rusty. All I have left to do is mount the radiator and fire it up.:grin: The radiator set me back a bit it couldn't be rebuilt so they had to recore it.

Attachments

R Racing

Wow thats Looking Great !! Looks like its coming along nicely! If you have luck like mine after cleaning out your sump you wont have any oil pressure ! LOL

Dirt71

Wow thats Looking Great !! Looks like its coming along nicely! If you have luck like mine after cleaning out your sump you wont have any oil pressure ! LOL

I've already spun the engine over with the sparkplug's out and reached about 20lb's of oil pressure[thumbzup] just with the batterie's:grin:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lookin' nice, Dirt! That engine looks too good for the rest of the truck - you'll have to do something about that when you get her running! ;)

Dirt71

Got the radiator in and all hooked up today. Turned on the ignition pushed the starter button and it fired right up:jumpin: It run's very good:grin: I forgot to take my video camera to the shop, so I will get some video tomorrow. I still have a real bad air leak to fix. It's going to require removing the exhaust and air tank's to get to it which I'm not looking forward to!! Right now it barely holds 30lb's of air pressure.

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After looking at that last picture, I see why you call it ol' Rusty. Engine looks great though.

Stan Leschert

With what you've done with the power plant, why do I think that we are witnessing yet another better than factory rebuild!

Abso-Freaking-Lootly outstanding!

You do incredible work!

I can't wait for the next chapter!

Danger Ranger

How many are you working on at once??? Also, I replied to your other threads to clear that up....

Anyhow, great work! glad to see another 10 tonner ready for a frame-up build, hehehe.rofl;-)[thumbzup]

m139h2otruck

Great Job!! Where did your carb shop get parts for the Zenith carb?? I have the replacement Zenith on our R6602 and can not find parts.

Re the paint, we used the same paint on the water truck and the only problem is sun damage after 4+ years. Took over 12 gallons to cover the truck.

Jared

Very Nice! I'm not a big gas engine fan but that thing really sounds great. And the restro work on the engine is superb.

natem

This thread reminded me of when I was a sub contractor on the "Z bridge". They used a surplus 10 ton to haul the precast segments up to the crane for placement. These segments ran around 160 tons. I could not find any photos, but I'll keep looking. I tried but could not attach story.
Google "Z bridge" or wicipida.

Nate

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks