• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Total destruction of all End-Use items (end of trucks???)

emr

As for the MVPA John, Pojunos the COO, has responded to my phone call, he said they have been waiting to actually see the legislation that has come out, they heard it was rearing its head again about 3 months ago, Lee Holand has always been the guy who has the Washington contacts, and he is and has been looking into it, As for if it is still going on they are not fully uptodate yet, But I am calling Rodny's office for the closest update, He really is the Guy to call , His contact is on that E mail thing, As for if the sky is falling I would say no, BUT If we left this stuff alone and did NOT make a big stink it sure would be the end surplus, We are just another part of the people who want this stuff, and the more noisy wheels the better ...in my eyes...Randy

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to know they know about it and are working it. Too bad they dont put it on their website as an issue that is being adressed.

Michael

he said they have been waiting to actually see the legislation that has come out
The way I read it, this is not being done at the legislation level, it is DRMO's response to the verbal abuse congress has given them for letting a few F14 parts slip through to IRAN.

diego127

Thanks for the heads up Sgt Mgr. Sent my mail off last night. We are fighting the same issues with the Govt in regards to the POW/MIA issue. I know this is probably not the right forum for this but the Vietnam vets Mc will not be quiet about this plight. It becomes dangerous when your own govt stops listening to its own citizens and feel they can say or do whatever they want and they have the F*&%*g nerve to think we will roll over and go with the program. or better yet die or just go away. Thanks again for the heads up.

gt1009

I just sent my letter with that website, it's the least any of us could do. It takes only a second and could help to change the opinions of some of our congressmen. Although with Obama as my congressman it will probably be deleted without even opening it.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
If they were really smart they would sabatage those F14 parts and other objects terrorists want and let them out there. We would not need an F14 part and selling it to someone who underhandedly sold it to Iran would make us a hero when their F-14 crashes into the side of a mountain or better yet into the nut case presidents home

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
This whole F-14 crap is so overated, when I was still on active duty, and way back in the mid 80's Iran had maybe 3 or 4 F-14's that would still fly, and only because they had cannibalized all the other airframes to get these in the air. Everytime we went through the straits of Hormuz we got a threat briefing, and the last time I went through, 6 years ago, There were no Iranian F-14's even mentioned......

F-4 Phantoms were the biggest threat, and everyone has them, and parts for them.....

FMJ said:
F-4 Phantoms were the biggest threat, and everyone has them, and parts for them.....
They didn't even have fuselage mounted guns, and are easily tracked and shot down. I don't think we have much to worry about in other countries, other than a nuke going off.

It's the governments fault for selling potentially dangerous items like this. Deuce's don't fly, or carry bombs. If they do sell planes, they should be completely gutted shells, for museum pieces only. A friend of the family owns a P-51 he flies in air shows here in SC. He bought it from a farmer, that bought it from the government in the Vietnam era. Allowing military aircraft to leave this country through the hands of non government agencies is ridiculous to say the least.

-Richard

ffemt14

What would be the possibility of a representative from Steel Soldiers talking to someone in congress and try to set up a date that SS members could meet in washington and take a stand and make it known that the fight wont be easy. Obviously if we give the attitude of "well fight to the death" isnt going to help the problem. If we were to explain that were just a bunch of guys who are trying to preserve pieces of history and were in no way trying to take over the government or something like that. I know its a long shot but if we could get 500 guys to show up to washington for a day and make our point they would realize what their up against.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
As you can read in the signature part of my posting , Paid in full member for now(MVPA)

And i wish someone would organzie that, you would see who the real hobbyist are if we got together and talk to DC. Id drive up tell me a date and place.

readyman

wiggall,
You must be referring to the 25% reduction in defense spending the current congress is planning. That should loosen up a lot of surplus for us. rofl

Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) said Democrats will push for a package reducing defense spending by 25 percent while saying Congress will "eventually" raise taxes.

colomil

I have been noticing some Demil B trucks not making it from GSAxcess to GL. Weird. I would hope that GL is up in arms about this and lobbying the right people in D.C. They would have a pretty large voice if they told all their customers to write to their congressmen.

Even if I didn't buy surplus trucks, I would still be pi$$ed about this waste of my tax dollars. I worked as a DOD contractor for several years so I know the true meaning of waste.

otisroy

It doesn't make sense to let a contract with GL to dispose of surplus if you plan to warehouse it, but then again I've seen some insane things.

About 10 years ago we ever so carefully disassembled a huge storage array(watch Eraser or Patriot Games and look for the big STK robotic tape library). So, we carted it down to DRMO after working with the FMS guys to have this thing made available to the Dutch Air Force. They bought our planes and use the same maintenance systems. We're talking COTS technology, not export controlled items. Anyway, we get to DRMO and tell them not to scrap it for precious metals or drop it in the usual mudhole they unload into because it's going to the RNLAF via FMS. We unloaded the thing on pallets, got the forms signed, and as we drove off watched them pick up the components with a forklift and stack them in the mud. Unbelievable.

Now, if I really wanted to get ahold of surplus, I'd go get a job with DRMO or GL. I know the DRMO guys used to get first crack at everything.

grounded

Banned
Are they going to stop selling these trucks to the public? I ran accross this site the other day and figured it was how i was going to find a Blazer in better shape for the price VS. what they cost normally around here if you find them in decent shape. Kind of stink to find out how to get them and then have them not be sold anymore.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I personally think we are safe for now but you may want to act quickly. There is a fire sale going on now to flush out the old equipment and vehicles. I don't think you will find a better time to buy and of course there is a limited supply.:cry:

tmbrwolf

I've received some disturbing info lately, DOD / DRMS has changed the Demil Integrity code on most DEMIL "Q" vehicles to a "3". This code requires mutilation of the item. Vehicles with this code will only be processed for reutilization by DOD and sales by FMS, they will not be offered to civil agencies, nor to GL for sale. This code change is being challenged by one or several agencies that reuse this stuff but for the short term it may not look too good! basically what is in GL now may be all they get!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks