• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Total destruction of all End-Use items (end of trucks???)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The SKY is Falling, the sky is falling....

Michael

This is something new isn't it? Here is the current definition of demil Q:

CCL ITEMS - MUTILATION TO THE POINT OF SCRAP REQUIRED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. IN THE UNITED STATES, MUTILATION REQUIREMENT DETERMINED BY THE DEMIL INTEGRITY CODE. DOD TRADE SECURITY CONTROLS REQUIRED IN THE UNITED STATES. (SEE DOD 4160.21-M-1, C3.3.1.8)

and demil B:

USML ITEMS - MUTILATION TO THE POINT OF SCRAP REQUIRED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES . IN THE UNITED STATES, MUTILATION REQUIREMENT DETERMINED BY THE DEMIL INTEGRITY CODE. DOD TRADE SECURITY CONTROLS REQUIRED IN THE UNITED STATES. (SEE DOD 4160.21-M-1, C3.3.1.7)

I am almost sure that is not what it was the last time I read it.l

Last edited:

tmbrwolf

emmando22 This info came directly from our sponsoring federal agency, believe me we are not pleased!

<And M35A2C,

2320009260873 >

The DIC code is a "3" for this truck,Oddly a M1009 is a "3" while an M1008 (2320-01-123-2671) is coded "6" mutilation not required except overseas. So far I have run several NSN's for the M44 & 809 series (including M35A3) and most came up with a DIC of 3, this is a change from Dec 08 to Jan 09.

doghead I hope your right and and it's just a "chicken little" thing but this change hit us all by surprise.

All I ask "DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER" I am keeping on top of this as best I can and will pass on info as I get it.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always thought Blazers were more dangerousl than pickup trucks! hehe

When were you denied, Tmbrwolf? Just last Monday, a semi local town highway dept was picking up there trucks from the DRMO lot. And fyi ,they give the municipalities a title or SF-97 when they remove the vehicle from the lot.

Last edited:

tmbrwolf

doghead, I haven't been denied. My job is aquisition and 90% + of our aquisitions are from DRMO for reuse, these changes will effect our operation, but if the trucks won't be available for federal agency use because of this change they certainly will not be sold, well at least as whole vehicles!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, when were you notified of a change and when does this change take effect?

tmbrwolf

I received word of this late last week, the change is in effect as of Jan 1st, frankly I'm surprised that they haven't pulled the stuff that is in GL already.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree, this is something to worry about.. I just checked some things on my end, and the change to a 3 is correct... The change is already in effect as far as DLA is concerned, as they have implimented it.

We'll see what happens...

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
MVPA is too busy writing their 150th article on universal carriers:wink:
Not to hijack this thread, but good grief! That's the truth.

jeepin

Someone with "Press" credentials should call GL and ask for a comment...someone doing an article for their club newsletter or something....

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm, maybe a ploy by the Feds to destroy thousands of useful existing vehicles, to spur on the American Auto Industry?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks