• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tractors, tractors, and more tractors

M1075

Dave-

Welcome to Steel Soldiers! Glad to have you on the board. I'm always checking your website for ideas and good stuff.

jh1990

Does anyone have a TH that list all the wheeled vehicles and trailers? I thought I had it but must've deleted it. I'm taking it that nobody has tried to convert a 5ton cargo to a tractor. Hey Kenny, since you have a deuce tractor, do the 6 ton single axle flatbed trailers go with the deuce tractors? Thanks guys.

jh1990

Thanks Jed, i can't seem to find the TM I got the numbers (TM 43-0001-31 TACOM) but I can't find it to download it. Jed the list there proves M1075 (I think, or was it Doyle, I don't remember) that there was the M933 truck, tractor wrecker. I'd like the one with the drawings in it.

TacticalTruck

Jed
I'm building a M915 (Cat tranny) and was told to expect over 70mph out of it. Apparently the M915A1s with the Allison trans top out in the low to mid sixties. I was also trying for a M916 and thought they might be geared lower.
Jeff

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
6 ton flatebed would be a perfect trailer for the deuce tractor. I'm almost certain that I uploaded TM 43-0001-31 on the site.

jh1990

Recovry4x4 said:
6 ton flatebed would be a perfect trailer for the deuce tractor. I'm almost certain that I uploaded TM 43-0001-31 on the site.
I know you did Kenny, because I downloaded it once before, but I can't find it again (I accidently lose the other one I downloaded).

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
jh1990 said:
Thanks Jed, i can't seem to find the TM I got the numbers (TM 43-0001-31 TACOM) but I can't find it to download it. Jed the list there proves M1075 (I think, or was it Doyle, I don't remember) that there was the M933 truck, tractor wrecker. I'd like the one with the drawings in it.
That list looks like the one that was compiled by a memeber of the mil-veh list several years ago. I'm not so sure it proves anything about the existence of a M933. The M933 is mentioned in a couple of the -24 TM's, but that is more than likely an editing oversight, as it refers to M933/A1/A2 trucks, which do not appear in the operators manual or anywhere else. I would love to be proved wrong here. Anyone have any AM General data to back up the existence of M933 Tractor Wreckers? Any photos/drawings?

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
The NSN for the M933 is 2320-01-047-8768. However, I don't think that any of these were series-produced. Today, while looking for pix of a Reo with a Quickway crane mounted, I'll keep an eye out for a pic of a prototype M933.

Best wishes,
David

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Tactical Truck

When I was at Fort Benning we convoyed 915's from there to NTC at Fort Irwin, Ca.
Before we left me and a couple of co-conspiritors turned our trucks up to 2100 rpm (400 Cummins).
We could run 75 and heard a lot of comments from the civilian truckers about "those damned Army trucks" passing them (we also had CB's in several trucks).
I made the mistake of blowing by the Convoy Commander at 75 and got a severe scolding and we were ordered to turn all the trucks back down.

Do you have the whole 915 or just the trranny? If you put that tranny in a 5 ton you will probably be "gear bound" by the lower gear ratio in the tactical trucks.

TacticalTruck

I have the whole thing....well most of it. I'm putting on a cab from Colemans which is taking care of most of my problems. I also have a parts truck if anyone has the need.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yanno, you don't see too many of those released with the sliders in place. Many years ago when I first saw them I wasn't impressed. The more I look at them, the more I see the need for something like that to drag toysa from point to point. Nice Jeff, maybe I'll see it in Aberdeen one day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks