• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

updated pics of my hemtt restoration

Stalwart

After having his truck for a year, I can't wait to see what his next project is.

We just keep working to make the truck better and better each year. We did about $10,000 in improvements last year and from now on it will be mostly small, labor intensive stuff that doesn't cost much, just my cheap labor.

Stalwart

They were trashed! I had new ones made out of 1/8" aluminum but cab high rather than short, as the stock ones would only just trip you on your way falling out of the bed. The new ones will keep kids and adults safer for parades.

Attachments

crasheej

I love to read long stores and be will entertained and learn a few things along the way. These one has done all of that need more installation's. Hate withdrawals. Man you have done the truck out right.

oldMan99

Stupid question for most of you since I'm probably the only one that does not already know, but....

About the "Man cave": Is this the same box that fill the bed of a Duce/5ton? What are the rough outside dimensions of this thing? What is the official name of it?

About the bed/deck of the HEMTT: How long it is? (Usable space, like if you had a man cave box that took up the entire length, how long could it be? What is the max capacity of that crane?

And yeah, it goes without saying that this HEMTT is simply awesome. Beyond my ability to add new compliments that have not already been given...

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You jumped on an old thread so might not see any action but I stumbled across the words Dragon Wagon.

I am looking at one again tomorrow for a possible purchase. I need to see a real M26 so if you get a chance to jump into the proper forum and start a dragon wagon thread with pictures, a few thousand folks would appreciate it. You will be asked for your State to be added in your profile just in case you missed it.

A Dragon Wagon...........cool.

Oh ya, the 8v92 does not like heat. http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?14763-8v92-running-hot

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Dma251 i still have your 5t you inspired me i now have a dragon wagon and was wondering what the op temp is for your 8v92 mine likes 230. Any thoughts from anyone?
From the SITE rules,

"• Do not post in all CAPS or in giant run-on sentences without punctuation. Do not post as if texting and do avoid the use of texting abbreviations. We are not the grammar police but we want everyone to easily read your post in at least 8th grade English. It is extra work to post proper sentences from a smartphone but the result will be greatly appreciated. Please do your best to use capitalization, proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read."

Also SITE rules REQUIRE a location, just UNITED STATES does not take care of that rule

Last edited:

Waterhouse

Very interesting read. I take it he sold it in late 2010. Hard to imagine with all he had into it. (both money and sweat) I guess Stalwart gave him an offer he couldnt refuse. I hope that's the reason and not a hardship that forced the sale.

In any case, DMA251, if you see this, my hats off to you!!

Stalwart

He sold it in July of 2009, it was his idea to sell and he put it on eBay. He was burnt out (understandably) with the project, but it got him through a divorce.

BradBMI

Great Pics

I have about 10 rolls of the hemtt interior vinyl fabric as well as LED headlights and Seat Kits (original style)

Anyone need any let me know

BradBMI

Hey Would you happen to have the air filter part numbers? Would really help as I dont have an old one to cross

Thanks

Stalwart

HEMTT MAINTENANCE PARTS NUMBERS

OIL FILTER - Fleetguard LF3380

Primary Fuel Filter - Fleetguard FS-1206

Secondary Fuel Filter - Fleetguard FF5206

Transmission oil filter - Fleetguard HF6243

Hydraulic low pressure filter - NAPA 1860

Hydraulic high pressure filter - PTI P98-030-HG-B / Oshkosh pn-1455840

Air Filter (#1&2) - Donaldson P521609 and Donaldson P521683

Ether engine start cartridge -

Main drive belt (x3) - Napa 9480HD

Alternator Belt (x2) - Napa 7445

Engine oil/capacity - 40w Delo 100/7.5 gallons with filter

Transmission oil/capacity - ATF/9.5 gallons with filter

Transfercase oil/capacity - 40w/5 quarts

Hydraulic fluid/capacity - AW46/30 gallons

Differential #1 oil/capacity - 85w-140/4.3 gallons

Differential #2 & power divider oil/capacity - 85w-140/5.4 gallons

Differential #3 & power divider oil/capacity - 85w-140/5.25 gallons

Differential #4 oil/capacity - 85w/140/4.125 gallons

Cooling system - Caterpillar Extended Life coolant - 20 gallons

Crane rotation gearbox oil/capacity - 80w-90/1 pint

Crane hoist oil/capacity - 80w-90/1 pint

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks