• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

Another Ahab

Oh My Goodness ! an original Frank Frazzetta ! I also have several books of his art ! Are you a collector too Ahab ?
No, I'm not.

But i had a buddy I played ice hockey with as a kid who was BIG time into the Conan comic books. They were scattered all over his house. Drove his mom nuts. So some of that rubbed off on me you might say!

rustystud

No, I'm not.

But i had a buddy I played ice hockey with as a kid who was BIG time into the Conan comic books. They were scattered all over his house. Drove his mom nuts. So some of that rubbed off on me you might say!
OK now your just making me feel old ! Conan comics came out when I was in my 30's ! or was that my 40's ? Remember I'm old !

rustystud

Physically maybe. This is one of them situations where you don't want to act your age. And you don't. (And that's a compliment!)
My wife is always saying I don't act my age ! Most of the time it's not a compliment either :shock: ! I just don't want to end-up being that "old grouch" on the street all the kids talk about. Then again I might be to late !

Nope, no worries about being a grouch.. I was just reading an older thread of yours where some numbnuts criticized your use of quotes. You handled it a lot more diplomatically than I would have!

TsgtB

I did my first "High Water Rescue" today... (no pics). One of our neighbors got stuck in her front yard in a 2wd dodge (on wet grass)....
Still Counts.
:p

rustystud

I did my first "High Water Rescue" today... (no pics). One of our neighbors got stuck in her front yard in a 2wd dodge (on wet grass)....
Still Counts.
:p
That is so true ! My old friend from my machine shop days had just bought a new Chevy 4X4 with stock tires on it. He tried to drive across his yard because his wife had blocked him in. The grass was wet and he just sat there spinning his tires ! One front tire and one rear tire spinning away ! It was quite funny !

TsgtB

It was almost humorous, seeing the slick plywood and what they had "tried" to use to free it.
They had quite a hole worn out, and there were 2 other trucks there, but didnt look like they had any straps or chain...
I had it 90% free with the deuce in neutral and gravity doing the work, then a short 10' pull to get her on pavement.

Kaiser67M715

Nice, look like all new ones, my dads got a 67/69 Rokon mashup mostly 67 with a few 69 parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iatractor

I remember seeing them advertised in the back of farm magazines in the 70's and early 80's (prior to the 3 and 4 wheel atvs). Didn't realize they were still around. Glad to see that the company is still producing a product and there is still a market for them.

rustystud

I really wanted a ROKON back in the late 1960's. Then a few years ago I looked them up on the internet and low and behold they are still produced ! Now I'm too old and damaged to drive one !

Another Ahab

I really wanted a ROKON back in the late 1960's. Then a few years ago I looked them up on the internet and low and behold they are still produced ! Now I'm too old and damaged to drive one !
No, No, but that's a GOOD thing, rustystud. Because otherwise you'd go and buy one now.

And then you might do something stupid on it that'd put you too early into a wheelchair. So I'd say it's all good!

Last edited:

Another Ahab

No, No, but that's a GOOD thing, rustystud. Because otherwise you'd go and buy one now.

And then you might do something stupid on it that'd put you too early into a wheelchair. So I'd say it's all good!
I want to clarify to you, rustystud, that it's not you I'm saying is stupid but that two-wheeling is kind of inherently a risk.

(Full disclosure: I used to own a bike - BMW R50/2, a sweet machine- and rode it down to the pavement one afternoon on a wet and sloppy day. I probably saved my bacon by choosing to sell it shortly thereafter. It might be the reason I'm here today to tell the tale, who knows!? :naner::shrugs:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks