• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uses for Deuces

k4vem4n

Did my first major haul today in my deuce. Loaded her up with 3 yards of gravel for a drainage trench in my yard. I believe that would be around 8000+ lb. She handled it like a champ, but definitely had to use all of each gear. I attempted the highway but after the first hill....:shock: I took the next exit and stuck with the back roads... I used the tarp to ward off any suspicions by DOT on the prowl near the port, where I had to pass. I very happy with her and look forward to finding other ways to put her to work.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did my first major haul today in my deuce. Loaded her up with 3 yards of gravel for a drainage trench in my yard. I believe that would be around 8000+ lb. She handled it like a champ, but definitely had to use all of each gear. I attempted the highway but after the first hill....:shock: I took the next exit and stuck with the back roads... I used the tarp to ward off any suspicions by DOT on the prowl near the port, where I had to pass. I very happy with her and look forward to finding other ways to put her to work.
It is very wise to keep your smuggled gravel under cover when your evading the Feds :shock:

usmctopgun

I've used mine as/to:
  • Haul mulch
  • haul broken masonary rubble
  • Run air tools and air guns to clean carbs on little scooters at the Syracuse Nationals
  • Swimming Pool at the Syracuse Nationals
  • Ladder to hang up christmas lights
  • Pull my buddys out of the mud when they think they can get through it (i got stuck too though, but winched myself out... so was i really stuck?? hummm)
  • Parades
  • Oh yea.... Turn Diesel Fuel and WMO into noise:)
Loving the pool idea, is that just an old liner?

hay transport today!:)
A Farmer about 15 miles down the road from me has been using his Deuce for this same purpose. He either took the bed off or modified it so that it is flat, just like a hay wagon.

I've been seeing his truck there for at least the past 10-12 years, but in the last few weeks it's been missing. Even though it's old and rusty, still looks like it's in decent shape.

LC

A

A/C Cages

My deuce has been parked inside bay #1 for a long time now. One of the shop lights went out in there and without even using a ladder, A deuce can be helpfull in changing a light bulb... They just stood on top of the hood and it was a perfect height to reach those lights.....

Not a typical usage for a deuce but still another simple fix?

kastein

Had to add this one.

Just got in from a late night off-road recovery. 97' Cherokee XJ, 6" lift and 32's. burried up to the doors in ice and muck. Only took my foot off the clutch for a second and he came free. Gotta love the Garwood. [thumbzup]

(sorry it was dark)
Did the same pulling a friend in a '98 ZJ (2" lift, 31s) out... high centered on a sand hill. He'd been digging for hours. I drove up, hitched up the strap, put it in reverse and took my foot off the clutch and he popped right off it.

My deuce acts as a go between to funnel my money to various MV parts suppliers. It is doing a very fine job. :shock:
Amen to that :shock: speaking of which I need to buy more parts soon.

It was great to go to Lowe's and order the following:

65 4x4x8
8 4x6x8
500 ft of 48" wire fence
3 14' ag gates
and 1,000 lbs concrete

They asked, "Sir, When would you like this delivered?"

My response: Right now...

They then said that they can not do deliveries on such short notice. I asked if they had a forklift. They said that they did. When I asked them to load my truck, they asked if I knew how big the load was. I asked them to look outside and tell me if the truck was big enough....

Their answer....

We will have it together in a few min, will that be cash or charge?

See, and the wife thought I was nuts....:cookoo:
Thats why I got it BEFORE i got married.;)
Been there done that :roflmao:

Same plan with BEFORE I got married - I've got nearly all the toys I want and a house, if a girl sees the yard and its contents she can't claim no one warned her. I have about 5 or 6 yards of shingles and demolition debris from gutting the house to get rid of, just waiting for free dump day now!

Other uses:
* flummoxing the security officers where I work (white collar engineering firm with a cube farm)
* picking up girls (nope, not kidding, I'm surprised how many honk and wave when I drive it!)
* making the guys with the lifted tuned blinged fullsize pickups feel inadequate and laughing at them
* causing traffic jams
* carrying towing pulling or driving over ANYTHING
* if we have another winter like last one I won't care, and won't have to plow my road unless I feel like it
* helped a friend move (same guy I pulled out when he got stuck) - yep, took one trip
* I don't need to buy a trailer to haul my rock crawling jeep around, I'm working on welding together some loading ramps, will simply drive it into the bed and roll out!
* if we have another tornado here, I will be out helping the national guard clear roads
* if we have another tornado here I am tying myself to the driveshaft. There is no way a tornado is going to blow the truck away, not the kind we get here anyways.
* I'm welding up a 55 gallon oil drum as a charcoal grille with some legs that will fit into the bow storage slots in the side of the bed

Moto4Life

* I don't need to buy a trailer to haul my rock crawling jeep around, I'm working on welding together some loading ramps, will simply drive it into the bed and roll out!
I think I beat you to that one! :beer:

Here's the video...with a few of our other uses for the deuce

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRThPa2ZvOE[/media]

kastein

I think I beat you to that one! :beer:

Here's the video...with a few of our other uses for the deuce

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRThPa2ZvOE[/media]
Yup! Exactly what I have in mind. I originally looked for a deuce but couldn't find one for as cheap as I got my 5 ton for. What did you use to make those ramps? Mine are 2" square 1/4 wall box tubing with 1.5" angle welded across as ladder bars every 8 inches or so, 12 feet long. It feels like they may be too flexible though, I have bought 24 feet of 3" angle to put down the bottom about 8" below the square tube and truss on but have not welded the truss on yet. I also haven't figured out what I'm going to build to keep the top end from sliding off the edge of the truck bed, I think I will probably use some pieces of 2" angle that slide into the gap between the tailgate and the bed edge but have not decided.

Forget where I got the idea originally.

Moto4Life

Yup! Exactly what I have in mind. I originally looked for a deuce but couldn't find one for as cheap as I got my 5 ton for. What did you use to make those ramps? Mine are 2" square 1/4 wall box tubing with 1.5" angle welded across as ladder bars every 8 inches or so, 12 feet long. It feels like they may be too flexible though, I have bought 24 feet of 3" angle to put down the bottom about 8" below the square tube and truss on but have not welded the truss on yet. I also haven't figured out what I'm going to build to keep the top end from sliding off the edge of the truck bed, I think I will probably use some pieces of 2" angle that slide into the gap between the tailgate and the bed edge but have not decided.

Forget where I got the idea originally.
Mine actually fell into my lap a few years back and just happened to work out perfectly for the deuce. They're made out of, i don't know what the technical name is, G channel with 1" square tubing about every 8" and some 2.5" angle at the top with two 1/2" studs on the end of the piece of angle to hook into the gap between the bed and the gate. They're only 1/8" wall, but proved strong enough for the lighter trail rigs, they did bend under the weight of my fullsize P/U though.

landfillman

Old nine car carhauler trailer ramps make good light ramps. I just sold a set to a man that has a duece a few towns ver to haul his mud buggy in. THey used to be cheap but scrappers have claimed most of them as they are extruded aluminum.

I dont have a Duece yet and my wife informed me shes got a bun in the oven so my duece cooky jar has lost some income. I remeber as a kid seeing my neighbors using theres moving houses and trailers to theyr property, Winching duties and recovering wrecks, pulling log trailers out to the road for the road tractors, parades, hauling hay, launching large boats and setting poles with an old auger truck.

Ill have tons of uses Fun at hte landfill I run it would be super handy to run service to machines on wet days, and seeding slopes.

welding duece

i took mine to the tractor pulls last night. i had to pull last by myself. it was a full pull i had to stop at the end, the sled could not stop the truck. i have singles on my truck and i aired them down to 18 psi in the back and 30 in the front. i use it for things like this

TheWeatherMan

I use mine for a fireworks viewing platform. Everyone parked around me liked it, except for this one hippie lady, yes she was a real hippie in this day and age. She started burning incense and playing horrible music on her guitar. So I blasted some country from my portable Bose speakers (the whole 800 car parking lot could hear my music) We even put a grill in it and I found some of those red and blue flame tiki torches

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks