• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

V100 Restoration Project

ssgtwright-usmc

What you have done with this V100 can only be said as being (Breath taking)!!! Too bad you dont live near me because I am need of someone with your skills to cut and replace some metel body skin onto M1008.
Just your regular cab rust spots that needs replacing but no one I know has the ability to grind the metel down to make it look like original.
OUTSTANDING JOB!!!!!

commando-72

Thanks for all the kind comments. BUT.... I've left you guys hang'n long enough. That great picture is the result of several hours of Photoshop during a rainy weekend.. :oops:

But that's pretty much what it will look like, turret and all. The picture is a motivational piece to keep me on track.

I"m still working on the engine, getting it stripped down and cleaned up for a test fit so I can see how much of the hull I'll have to modify. They'll be some cutting to do for sure.

D.

superburban

PHOTOSHOP!!?? You dirty dog, you! Such trickery.

Still, I'm absolutely (OD) green with envy. Impressive build. Impressive skills.

kcimb

commando-72 said:
Thanks for all the kind comments. BUT.... I've left you guys hang'n long enough. That great picture is the result of several hours of Photoshop during a rainy weekend.. :oops:

But that's pretty much what it will look like, turret and all. The picture is a motivational piece to keep me on track.

I"m still working on the engine, getting it stripped down and cleaned up for a test fit so I can see how much of the hull I'll have to modify. They'll be some cutting to do for sure.

D.
Looking at it now it looks like a photochop. Didn't see that before, I just saw some armor and green and beeeyoootiful.

When I first saw it I was like dr house...

Looks awesome can't wait to see it for real :lol:

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

One pic is a teaser - c'mon, we need to see the whole thing in a 50-pic minimum slideshow!

kcimb

maddawg308 said:
MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS MORE PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

One pic is a teaser - c'mon, we need to see the whole thing in a 50-pic minimum slideshow!
Did you read it was a photoshop?

Namnut

Question,

What is the interior color of the V100 command car?

Building a scale model now.

Thanks

Harald
The Netherlands

GBaylee

Good Morning, I was surfing and found your site....I saw a note on here from a person named Rory....needing help from someone on the V100 and V150 commando. I have a freind in Jacksonville Florida that is considered the best at turning these into police vehicles. He gets them from all over the world and refits them with police stuff...I know he has all the books and can probably answer any questions. If you guys are still building this one.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi GB, welcome aboard! There are at least five of us that I know of on the list working on V100 restorations right now, and one working on a V150, so an added source of info and advice is always welcome. I think the scarcity of adequate manuals tends to be a problem, so experience is always a plus.

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks