• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIC-1 Install

Billy Bobbed

I just got my RT524,R442 and my Vic1 Intercom installed.All them channels and not one person to listen to.If you decide to do this it was not cheap,it surprised me around $1,400.aua

Attachments

Last edited:

Billy Bobbed

Hmm, you've got your R-442a/VRC hooked upto a MX-6707/As-1729 setup? Does it receive OK?
Its the MX-6707 antennas,dont know if it all works right yet.The antenna clicks when I change some of the stations on the RT-524.And when I hold the mic or the radio on the headset the fan on the RT524 really gets fast.Still trying to figure this whole thing out.I found out one of my new MX-6707 antennas does'nt click when I change channels,so I use it for the R442 radio.

Armada

Its the MX-6707 antennas,dont know if it all works right yet.The antenna clicks when I change some of the stations on the RT-524.And when I hold the mic or the radio on the headset the fan on the RT524 really gets fast.
Sounds like it's working properly. The 'clicking' from the antenna is the auto adjustment of the frequency range.
The 'gets really fast' sound when you hold the mic, is the cooling fan in the back of the radio. They make alot of heat when transmitting. You can see the intake for it on the back side, make sure it doesn't get blocked off.
You used to be able to get TV stations on the rt524, but I don't think so anymore since they've gone digital.

wsucougarx

Its the MX-6707 antennas,dont know if it all works right yet.The antenna clicks when I change some of the stations on the RT-524.And when I hold the mic or the radio on the headset the fan on the RT524 really gets fast.Still trying to figure this whole thing out.I found out one of my new MX-6707 antennas does'nt click when I change channels,so I use it for the R442 radio.
Oh forgot to mention, your setup looks outstanding![thumbzup]

Varyag

Welp, got tired of pinching my hand every time I wanted to turn it on and off so me and my Dad decided to rewire the whole mess.

Only this time I had access to a pile of brackets, a mx7777/grc and some much better soddering ability from my paps. I think the new setup is a heck of a lot better. I placed the 1780 behind the shifter on a new bracket I made and re-wired all the power through a new fuse block and the 7777. I'll post pics tomorrow. It was dark when I finally got everything pieced back together.

wsucougarx

Ahh, going to leave us hanging Matt? I was going to put my AM-1780 in the same place as you but I acquired an M66 reinforcement plate for the '68. Hmm not sure where I'm going to put it now. May need to fabricate a bracket to have it sit just above the bench seat back.

Billy Bobbed

I got my radio cover today from Fair radio,it fits rather nice over my RT-524 and R-442 under the passenger seat.This cover is very well made and the price was very resonable at $33.00 shipped.It adjusts to differant lengths,I think 26" to 37" with snaps.

Attachments

Varyag

That is the biggest issue, my wife rides center and my kid on the side in a car seat. It couldn't block her feet. I actually had her sit in it before i bolted everything down just to make sure she had plenty of room.

Billy Bobbed

Varyag if you want your CX-13089 cable to go to the back of the cab instead of towards the front,take the four screws out of the 2 connectors on the side of the MX-7777/A and you can turn them towards the front,back or down if they get in the way.I have mine towards the back.And my switch is still to the front.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks