• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want to put A/C in a M925A1... anyone got pictures of their install?

74M35A2

Can I bother somebody with the military A/C add on kit to PM me? I'd like to see the inside of the evaporator box, to see if it could be mounted horizontally with vents pointing down such as on the cab roof. I have seen it here mounted horizontally with vents pointing up in another thread.

I want to buy a Red Dot cab roof evaporator or condenser/evaporator combo, but they can't be touched for any less than $1500. The closer I look, the more I see resemblance between the one in the military "kit", and their R-9800 commercial unit.

Essentially, if the military one can drain or be made to drain condensation properly when mounted horizontally, I will purchase one and slam in up on the cab roof. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Holy oiled tires Batman! And those seats, he must feel like Lieutenant Dan after riding ANY distance.

As long as he is happy I guess, who am I to criticize?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So, where are folks putting the big black box in these pics? The MTVR HVAC unit?
I am going to put this one behind my center console. Right about where the map box is. Im going to remove that cab support and re work it the go to the air ride passengers seat. Only bad part is the one heater fitting for the coolant lines sits below the box. I may try to rework that as well. 20160830_165159.jpg

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

74M35A2

I am going to put this one behind my center console. Right about where the map box is. Im going to remove that cab support and re work it the go to the air ride passengers seat. Only bad part is the one heater fitting for the coolant lines sits below the box. I may try to rework that as well. View attachment 650691

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
Maybe Rain Bird makes an adapter for the heater fitting. :O

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks