• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Want to put A/C in a M925A1... anyone got pictures of their install?

ScubaCat

Mine on low at 95 outside will give you chills. It doesn't have to work hard at all.
Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I told people that these would be able to turn your cab into a meat locker...These were meant to cool/heat a MUCH larger MRAP interior. Did you choose to mount so high because you wanted to keep the bench seat? Another guy mounted his on the floor between two buckets.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I told people that these would be able to turn your cab into a meat locker...These were meant to cool/heat a MUCH larger MRAP interior. Did you choose to mount so high because you wanted to keep the bench seat? Another guy mounted his on the floor between two buckets.
Yes i kept the battery box but modified it with an LMTV seat. I put it high to blow towards me and to blow the air towards the floor to keep the heat from rising

Buffalobwana

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wes, what compressor did you put in it? And is that an LMTV evap unit? What condensor did you use? I'm considering a condensor mounting spot like yours this time. My old spot/system works great, but won't on a M931A2

I know my red dot system and how it works, but in yours what activates the fans? Pressure switch in the receiver/dryer or some sensor in the evaporator?

Im asking, because I am about to do another install, but some components and mounting locations differ from the previous install and you just mentioned LMTV as some of your source parts. Now I'm curious as I believe I have a LMTV compressor in a mostly red dot system.

I read 74M35A2's description of compressor and fan operation and am curious if your unit has a place for your compressor wire or if you engineered it to just run off the condensor fan switch.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Wes, what compressor did you put in it? And is that an LMTV evap unit? What condensor did you use? I'm considering a condensor mounting spot like yours this time. My old spot/system works great, but won't on a M931A2

I know my red dot system and how it works, but in yours what activates the fans? Pressure switch in the receiver/dryer or some sensor in the evaporator?

Im asking, because I am about to do another install, but some components and mounting locations differ from the previous install and you just mentioned LMTV as some of your source parts. Now I'm curious as I believe I have a LMTV compressor in a mostly red dot system.

I read 74M35A2's description of compressor and fan operation and am curious if your unit has a place for your compressor wire or if you engineered it to just run off the condensor fan switch.
Condensor is an MRAP unit made by MCC on ebay for 200 shipped. Compressor is just an eBay unit. The blower unit is both heat and AC and cools the rear of an Mrap unit. The 6 man area made by MCC as well.

24v hot to the condensor relay. Evap Probe controls thru the AC signal wire to the condensor pressure switch. The pressure switch is a dual high and low switch. It turns the fans off and on. I jumped the wire off a fan to the compressor. Pressure switch kills the fans for a reason then the compressor turns off. //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59488cc4173e7/Screenshot_20170619-214405.png?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Moved the thermal probe in the evaporator from the center to an outside fin section. Ambient temp of 88 degrees and 70 percent humidity blew nearly 40 while driving. 20170627_204309.jpg

74M35A2

40F degree outlet is about the best possible. Consider it done and successful. That is a 40 degree temp drop compared to ambient. Nice job.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks