• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC-51 Restoration or Bust!!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
A thing of beauty indeed TWM!!:beer:

Maybe I could bring my M816 wrecker down there and help set the bed on. If I leave tonight I should be there by next Saturday!! :naner:

zout

Wonder if that all gets scratched and gouged putting it back on the chassis ??????????????????? if it were just clear wood you could fix it easy

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got the cargo bed reinstalled on the chassis. Required a little tweaking but not too bad. Also, installed the tailgate, fuel filler neck and fire extinguisher. Engine running fine but do need to address a soft brake pedal. Vacuum wipers work great. Some pics:

Drivers-Side.jpgEngine.jpgTailgate.jpgBed-Floor.jpgFuel-Filler-Neck.jpgFire-Extinguisher.jpg

zout

You should have stuck a BIG pair of sunglass's on it - been a long since its seen daylight.

Looks great TWM - Hey PB - he has the fire extinguisher you need for the K

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Well, one thing is for sure. If we transport that baby up here for the GA Rally we are gonna build a crate around it on the trailer cause I'm not gonna be the one who lets it get scratched!!!:not worthy:

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry I have not posted photos but hope to do a decent reveal on Saturday. Busting hump for Independence Day parade entry. Working on.....

Running boards blasted, primed, painted and installed.
Gas can holders completed and gas can straps installed.
Two jerry cans blasted, primed and painting in process
Lazyback hardward blasted, primed and painted.
Lazyboards cut, sanded, primed and hope to paint tomorrow.
All bow wood cut and drilled. Hope to prime tonight.
Latch assemblies to hold down bow posts have been blasted and in pirmer.
More to follow and yes I know, ​This info is worthless without pictures.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks