• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well, I blew it up on the way home.

roadwarrior

I had hoped I could limp it home, but just 7 miles after picking up the Deuce it spit out a piston.:mad:
I knew the truck had a fuel problem, was missing and real low on power. I was cruising along at 40 mph (top speed), and had noticed the temp was just below 220, so I was planning on pulling over as soon as I could. I felt a shutter and KABOOM! Oil went everywhere, and there was a chunk of piston on the road (I kept it as a souvenir). I called a wrecker and finished the recovery. Here are some pics of the truck and the damage. Hopefully, I can find an affordable replacement engine close to me.

Attachments

onegmjack

You should find a good motor.I hate you got a truck that the motor blew.Good looking truck,hope you find a good motor and get it changed out.Good luck.

dozer1

Sorry to hear that . Well back on the trusty internet to do some engine hunting. Some searching on here for different options. I would be trying to find an LDS. I dont know how hard they are to find. Could be a pile of em somewhere but it rarely seems to be close to home.

mikew

Roadwarrior,

Is this the truck that was on Craigslist somewhere up near Tulsa that the seller said they changed the fuel filters and it started running poorly (or something like that)?

flyxpl

since the engine is junk I would have been curious if it would make it the rest of the way home with a hole and no oil . May have gone further than you think .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks