• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Darwin T

I put zipper boots on this one because i did not want to disasemble the front end. Both boots were cracked and the drivers side had a thumb size hole the was slinging grease but the truck is up and running other than that. i have the non zipper boots for my M109a3 that i plan to change the air/hydrolic booster, master cylinder, brake hoses, wheel cylinders bearings and seals on all 3 axles, so i will already have that one apart. I just need my mechanic to walk me through the first one so don't screw up.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Turned on wipers in the rain and just got a faceful of air. Thankfully was near a NAPA and replaced the hose that had apparently disintegrated.

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_2397.jpg
I put zipper boots on this one because i did not want to disasemble the front end. Both boots were cracked and the drivers side had a thumb size hole the was slinging grease but the truck is up and running other than that. i have the non zipper boots for my M109a3 that i plan to change the air/hydrolic booster, master cylinder, brake hoses, wheel cylinders bearings and seals on all 3 axles, so i will already have that one apart. I just need my mechanic to walk me through the first one so don't screw up.
I put the nasty green silicone ones on on my maiden voyage through the bearings/seals/cylinders three years ago. Three years and two long trips later they are still holding. Putting the inner clamp on is a no brainer. The larger second one just takes a bit of patience. As others have advised, just get the surfaces really clean and you only need two hands and a few minutes. Think I might have put a different machine screw on the large clamp.

Last edited:

tankie88

Bought 2 x 9.00 x 20 tyres for the front of the deuce.Now get this..............local tyre place here who deals in titan tyres wanted £266 each and 8 weeks delivery from your side of the pond.That's $431 each.So i bought 2nd hand ones from Germany €155 = £131 = $212 each.When i say 2nd hand ones these still had all the pimples on them,no cracks,tread not touched and the beading un touched.Don't even look like they have been fitted before.:-D

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bob truck 001.jpgPut in 2 new Interstate 6TL's in my duce , plus new cable ends . Starts like NEW ! LOL . It had 2 Exide's that were only 4 years old . go figure . Local Interstate dealer gave me a good price on the Batteries , also said he gets Blem's from time to time .

Hainebd

Wheel seal leaking so replace and repacked bearings. Top off all fluids. Washed 1/2 the truck. Used winch to straighten frame on mustang. Topped off fuel tank(ouch). Drove.

Aerialfred

I just got home with my new to me 1971 deuce tonight. Runs great and looks good! Long day today. Left about 9:45 and got back about 6:15? Tired, dried out, but you should see me smile! Pictures tomorrow in daylight.

Hainebd

I don't know why but they ( Deuce ) tend to make everyone smile, wave, want pictures taken and of course ride in it. Your neibors will hate you. Kids will love you. And ladies like to ride in um. Good luck. Pictures please.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks